Overall, our stay at Princess Heights was nice and quiet. We met some very nice guests at the pool and every single staff member was willing to go the extra mile for anything we requested. I will start off with the con's and then list the pro's:
* Yes, there is a very steep hill to and from PH. But, there are stairs that are easily accessed to avoid straining your heart, lungs, and legs.
* Yes, the sign to PH is difficult to see initially, but you know that you have passed it because you end up in front of the Westin- not a big deal... it's only about 1000 ft back.
* Was disappointed that I received email verification that we would have a room in the "new building", but received a room in the 1st building instead. The room was nice, but slightly out of date. We didn't mention to the staff because we really didn't want to move rooms after having all of our luggage carried up 4 flights of stairs. And we used the hike up and down the stairs as an excuse to eat more :)
* NO WIFI IN OUR ROOM THE WHOLE WEEK. Now this is a point I am sorely disappointed about. We left our toddler in the States and could only Skype with her from the office or at a restaurant in town that offered Wifi.
* Far enough from everything, that you will want to rent a car. Taxi's are expensive there (No meters - they charged us $50/per person from the airport!)
* Check-in and Check-out were so smooth. Dominique is a rockstar (So is everyone else). She arranged a car rental for us and went above and beyond answering any and all of our questions. They even ordered our food for us one night so we wouldn't have to worry about calling the French side - which is international.
* Rooms are cleaned everyday
* Views from EVERY room are spectacular (Just wish the Westin wasn't in the way)
* Close enough to a beach, but far enough away from the hub of anything that you can actually rest and relax.
Overall, Princess Heights lived up to the reviews on Tripadvisor and the pictures online are accurate. I would absolutely recommend staying here instead of the Westin. The Westin is far overpriced. The food was terrible.... and don't get me started on the timeshare people! You need a restraining order on them! We literally hid in the Westin casino from one of the ladies! (Also their casino is terrible! The dealer had 6... yes 6 royal flushes in a row!!!)
Thank you to all of the staff for making our trip nice.
PS - in reference to the below review from "funintthesun" on 3/17/2013 about stray dogs etc.... um, yeah.... there are stray cats and dogs all over the island! No matter what shop, restaurant, pool, casino, you visit. Even at the Westin there were cats and dogs under our table while eating! The hill, or "mountain" as you call it, is well noted in all reviews, so your over site on that is your own negligence. The entire island has poor roads and any road can do a number on a car. All you had to do was ask for assistance with your luggage - our experience was ask and they jumped and ran. It seems from your other reviews that you might be a bit high-maintenance and should have stayed at a high end resort with a butler to wait hand and foot on you. Perhaps then you could have been carried up the clean stairs.
* All rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean and St. Barth.
* Also, contact the hotel in advance...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.