When my wife and I decided to go to Sint-Maarten on honeymoon, we had no idea where we were going to stay or even what we were going to be, we just knew that we wanted to go somewhere far away from everything, somewhere new, to discover. I had heard about St-Maarten from few people, but not enough to actually know how to find my way. So when my wife told me “you take care of planning the trip to St-Maarten…” I knew the first I had to do was to find a great hotel, a fantastic place that will keep our honeymoon alive for a very long time.
After several days of research, analysis, comparison and reviews lecture, I had finally made up my mind and decided that Princess Heights would our accommodation for our honeymoon. Looking back now, I’m convinced that choosing Princess Heights was among the best first decisions of my couple gateway.
After I finalized the booking, I wrote to the hotel to inform them that I was expecting the best of the best from them giving the fact that I was coming over for my honeymoon, and I wanted my wife to be surprised. The hotel replied and guaranteed me that they would everything to make our stay memorable…they kept their word!
First of all, when you book a room in Princess Heights, they make sure to send you all information you might need (Direction from the airport, local supermarket, activities that you might be interested to do, etc, rental cars, etc…). I was overwhelmed by the quality of information they provided. Then a couple of days before our arrival in St-Maarten, they made sure to send us a reminder with the same information by pointing that they were looking forward to welcoming us. That alone made me feel great about the trip.
Our flight being delayed from Paris CDG, we arrived in St-Maarteen (SXM) over an hour after the scheduled time, we rented a car from the airport and drove off following the direction giving by the hotel. No GPS is actually needed, the island is pretty small and it’s easy to drive around. However, traffic can be heavy at some hours of the day.
We arrived at the hotel after 6pm, and we were warmly welcome by a nice staff that told us “we’ve been waiting for you…” The check-in was completed in like 5 min, she jumped into our car and we drove off to our room in the second and newest building. The hotel has 2 different building, one old and one new. If you have the choice, request to stay in the new building, it’s nicer, but it’s also the furthest, as you kind of have to drive around to get there. That’s why you need a car when you stay there; you can’t do it with a taxi every time.
Once in our room, it was a suite actually, my wife and I went “WOW”; everything looked perfectly arranged, planned, and ready for our arrival. They had decorated the bedroom, the bed and the bathroom with flowers; they had place a complimentary bottle of wine, soda, water in the fridge for us, and the suite looked fantastic, just like advertised on the hotel website.
The room was very clean and organized. They gave us one of the best rooms in the building, with a breathtaking view of the ocean. We had plenty of space and everything that we needed. Since the hotel does not have any restaurant, they recommended that we should do some shopping on our way from the airport in case we want to make meals by ourselves. So we had bought basic stuff for breakfast and some meat and vegetable for lunch and dinner. It was like being at home; with the difference that we didn’t have to clean up every day…someone else was doing it for us.
The hotel staff was just outstanding. Whenever we needed something regarding a place to visit, or an activity to do, or just anything at all, they were always ready to assist (and we did ask a lot of questions).
The hotel not having a restaurant did not cause any problem to us; there were plenty places to eat out around, and since we had a car, it was easy to get anywhere we wanted.
Despite the fact that the hotel has some things to improve (in my opinion), like place the room tel in the bedroom instead of having it only in the living room; place a tel on the corridor in case a guest looks himself out and want to contact the front desk, instead of having to drive around, etc…
That being said, overall, we had a wonderful time, and we expressed our appreciation to the hotel staff and through the feedback when we checked-out. And there is no doubt that next time we travel to St-Maarten, Princess Heights will be our hotel accommodation, because they make you feel like home!
- Also Known As:
- Princess Heights Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Princess Heights St Maarten Martin
- Princess Heights Hotel St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside overlooking dawn beach, this affordable Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel offers Studios, One & Two bedroom Suites with fully equipped gourmet kitchens and balconies with majestic ocean views. On site hotel amenities include a freshwater pool, free internet, free parking, free daily newspaper, daily maid service, gym room and concierge service. Additional services include: Car rental, Cell phone rental, Beach chair & umbrella rental. 5 Restaurants close by. It’s 10 min to Philipsburg, 15 min to Orient Bay and a 4-minute walk to Dawn Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Princess Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.