“Beautiful views, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Princess Heights Hotel

Save Saved
You added Princess Heights Hotel to your Saves list
Princess Heights Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oyster Pond Road #156 | Dawn Beach, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Rental Car Deals!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful views, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just spent a long weekend at Princess Heights. I was greeted by friendly and helpful staff. This really makes a big difference for me. I also had a chance to meet the family that runs the place. They were great and told me many interesting stories about developing a hotel on a rocky island. What impressed me the most was the views off the decks. It was like a movie set. You can see a beautiful view of the wavy carribean ocean with gorgeous islands just behind. Defintely enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went to St. Maarten to attend a friend's wedding at the Westin, which was just down the road. The accommodations at Princess Heights were excellent and exceeded our expectations. The kitchenette was fully equipped and there are plenty of well stocked supermarkets on the island if you want to cook a meal or two "at home".

We went to Le Galion beach, Pinel Island and Anse Marcel. Each beach had its own charm and water was beautiful and calm - great for kids. The food and drinks served on the beach were excellent and reasonably priced.

A special thanks to the friendly staff and Shirley (manager) for their help and great beach recommendations!

My only complaint is that our trip was too short, next time - we'll book a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm always a little weary of "packages", but after pricing out Princess Heights' Honeymoon Package it seemed to be the way to go. And we were right! Not only were the room and grounds great, but it was wonderful to have two excursions and our rental car booked for us. All we had to do was show up!

The room we stayed in was beautiful!! I wanted to move right in. Very spacious, comfortable and modern. My jaw dropped to the ground when we walked in...surpassed my expectations by a long shot.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant. They gave us a cell phone to make local calls for reservations or information.

Every room has a great view of the water, but the beach is a walk away. Nothing terribly far, but you'll want to plan ahead so you only have to make one trip down. And it's worth it because the beach is awesome. Make sure to walk to the left to check out Mr. Busby's happy hour!!

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our second time staying here. We love the accommodations...the kitchen is well stocked, the beds were comfy, lovely decor, housekeeping was superb. The pool was very nice for a quick dip. Unfortunately, Princess Heights guests are no longer allowed to use the pool or beach chairs at the Westin, which we enjoyed the year before and were looking forward to that again. We wish we had known that before hand rather than be told by the Westin that we were not welcome there. We still had a terrific vacation spending our days at different beaches.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FrontOfficePH, Manager at Princess Heights Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback. We are glad that you had enjoyed your returning stay in PH. As it states in our website, PH is not in any way affiliated with Westin Dawn Beach. All the beaches on St. Maarten are public, however the chairs are reserved exclusively for Westin guests. The public is allowed to bring their own chairs and umbrellas. Naturally, the public may utilize the facilities as regular tourists including Casino, Restaurants, Shops and Spa but, the facilities such as pool and gym are not accessible since they are reserved for Westin guests only.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This fantastic gem of a hotel would've received all 5s from me, but I'm sure some would complain that no one warned them how far away from the cities and stuff it is. For us, that's what we were looking for and it was super easy to simply follow the signs all over the island to the Westin. The hotel itself has a really great staff and the rooms are beautiful. I can't really complain about the view of the Westin because all I could see from my bed was the ocean! Also, the little restaurants nearby are great and there are 3 markets within quick driving distance that have all your basic necessities. My overall opinion is: highly recommended!! :)

• Stayed November 2012
Tortola, BVI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to Princess Height for the weekend and it was the best trip ever. My boyfriend had his birthday and he had a blast. The staff was very generous and helpful in every way. The room OMG was way more than I expected. It was elegantly chic and very very clean with perfect view with everything I needed, a stocked fridge for eg. as I requested. The only thing I missed was a elevator but other than that everything was perfect. I would suggest though anyone renting a car to rent it with a GPS and search for Oyster Pond, after arriving in Oyster Pond research for Princess Height. If not the GPS will take you on a horrible dirt road. We learned the hard way but was advise by the staff, there was a much better road which we drove the rest of the time there. Thank all the staff at Princess Height for a wonderful wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked a stay through JetBlue Getaways for a great price, so honestly wasn't expecting much other than a clean basic place to stay. Princess Heights turned out to be quiet the pleasant surprise. I room was clean, had modern furniture, a comfortable California King mattress, and best of all a full sized balcony with table and chairs overlooking the Caribbean Sea, with full views of St. Barts. The staff are mostly Dutch hotel management students, rather than locals, but they were friendly and enthusiastic. The beach (Dawn beach) is about a ten minute walk away - part of the walk is behind the Westin along the service road, not a big deal but something to consider. The beach itself is lovely, in October 2012 it was quiet, almost like a private beach, but the Westin does have a beach bar and offers other services as well.

The hotel isn't full service, there isn't a restaurant or spa, though there is a pool and small workout room. You'll definitely need a rental car, the location is in a quiet residential area, outside the Westin there isn't anything else inside reasonable walking distance, and taxis on the island are very expensive, vs the cost of a car and fuel.

All in all this is quiet the hidden gem, and really surprised me with its luxury and views.

Room Tip: Building number 3 is the highest, and has the best ocean views.