“A must go to while in St. Martin” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
virginia
7 attraction reviews
“A must go to while in St. Martin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have been to St. Martin many times and have visited the Tree house at Loterie but have never done the zip line. This year we took 2 of our sons and the youngest girlfriend and they wanted to do it so...off we went.

We arrived too late for the extreme (what we wanted to do) and didn't want to wait 2 hrs. for the next time so we opted for the regular. Believe me, it was a workout! It is more like an obstacle course than a zipline...2 or 3 obstacle courses with a zipline in between. I was soaking wet! Some were without platforms and you had to hold on to the wires and duck under tree limbs to get around the tree. I really the extreme would be easier! The kids loved it and we were well rewarded with drinks and tapas at the treehouse after. I am looking forward to going back.

Visited July 2012

Temecula, CA
“Best Zip Lines I have experienced!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My brother and I opted for the "Extreme" zip line experience but missed the 2:00pm by 20 minutes... so... we rented Harleys and cruised around the island. The next day we biked up to Loterie Farm with 2 minutes to spare ;) We headed up the mountain with one other person so we only had THREE on our excursion (I'm used to 25-30 people which gets to be a drag). It was a workout... it was hot and I was sweating like crazy (should have worn a bandana for my clean shaven head) but the long zip lines were worth the workout! I nearly injured myself by not paying attention to what my guide had instructed me to do originally but once he re-stated where to keep my hand... I was good-to-go. Great views!! World-class zip lines!!

New York
27 attraction reviews
“A little hard to find but worth looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got a little lost trying to find Loterie Farm so let me help you out. Simply look for Pic Paradis rd and follow it till you reach Loterie Farm, don't worry at times it may seem like "this can't be right" kind of feeling but trust me it is the right way. We wanted to hike instead of doing what most do and that is the zip line . It is $6 each to enter the park. The hike itself is strenuous at times so make sure you wear proper footwear (no flip flops) and carry water. We had the cutest dog leading us the way up. There is a point when you will reach a small clearing and someone's private gate and you will wonder "where do we go now"? go left and up the road for a very short distance and the trail continues on your right. Nice view and make sure you have lunch at Hidden Forest Cafe, it is a great way to relax after your hike and have a great meal.

Durham, NC
4 attraction reviews
“Zipline extreme totally worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are zipline novices, but it was a lot of fun flying back and forth over the jungle. The restraunt is closed for a few more weeks, but the spring fed pool looked nice for those without pools at there hotels/rentals.

Panama City Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“LOUNGE/RESTAURANT REVIEW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

While we have never done the zip line/eco tour/etc., we enjoyed our first meal at Loterie Farm's Hidden Forest Cafe ten years ago and it remains the only restaurant we return to every year. Over the course of those years, Loterie Farm has grown into one of the most beautiful places we have seen in all of our travels. Each visit, we are absolutely amazed with the innovative improvements - the beautiful landscaping, fountains, pool, walkways, grounds, etc.

Since the Hidden Forest Cafe was closed while we were there in October, we enjoyed drinks and tapas in the Tree Top Lounge. The mojitos were the best on the island! The service was VERY good, with the sweetest young woman eager for us to have everything we needed just right. The food (including ribs, escargot, acrass, chicken satay, bacon wrapped dates and more?) was presented with flair and was delicious as always. We thoroughly enjoyed our 'lounge time' and hated to leave!

This is one occasion that I don't even care about the cost (although it is completely in line with other restaurants of this quality). This place offers an Experience (even when you do not do the zip line!). It transports you to Vacation Heaven. And, we look forward to returning each and every trip.

(I am not sure why they are not listed under the Restaurant section in addition to this Attraction section.)