Our rooms were booked at Pool view but wasn't..We went with a group of us. Buffets were so tiny & every day the same thing, if you go right when it opens you will be fighting all the blue hairs! Rude older foreign people! I have been to alot of all inclusives and non were this bad as far as food. They have pizza place near buffet too but only open when buffet is, should be open later.
Best part of the location is the airport is near and cool to see the planes landing.
Food at the little bar by ocean has pretty good food too...loved the fish & salad there (better than the buffet)
Best thing there is the BBQ they have on the beach. Hotel itself is pretty nice, but servers at restaurants NEVER move fast & not quick to help you like other places are in this area.
They have an activity lady in lobby. Make sure you ask about FREE bus ride into Phillipsburg..YES FREE...we asked at front desk cuz lady at activity desk off on Sundays, and they knew NOTHING about it! I think they do twice a week too, Tues and Saturdays. But they really dont go out of their way to let you know this.
Make sure you eat later here, they shut down all food at 10 or 10:30 pm. There is a little pub bar above the hotel...you can eat & drink free with all inclusive wrist band too..They are open til Midnight and you can get carry out too! They door is a garage roll up door, but service is better hear than actual hotel too.
They try to charge you for WIFI but if you go their website and sign up, they will give u a code free.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Maho Beach Hotel
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort
- St Martin Sonesta
- Sonesta St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St Maarten Sonesta
- Maho Beach Hotel
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort Casino
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Sonesta
- Sonesta Maho Beach
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Maarten's only all-inclusive resort for families, singles and couples, the 520-room beachfront Sonesta Maho is located on 10 acres with expansive tropical gardens, stunning ocean vistas, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, the island's largest Casino, Kids Club, 2 swimming pools, day and night entertainment and much more. Duty-free shopping and nightlife is all within walking distance in the Maho Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.