If you want to party like there is no tomorrow... go to the Dutch side lol... for everybody else...
This boutique hotel is the front of a sailing marina filled with multi-million dollar multi hulls and is an older hotel, you can see that once this might have been a glorious place, but that said... the hotel is clean, rooms are large, good bathroom, bed etc. On top of that... I'm a big boater myself and it is very cool to meet people that have actually sailed across the world.
The staff is a mix of locals French and some American which are among the nicest and helpful people you ever meet. In the Marina are 2 bars next to each other, 1 French and the other American. These are fun places... The staff is like a family and they will give you just that feeling you won't get in the un-personal bigger hotels. The drinks are cheap and the food is good. There are also a bunch of restaurants around the place that have some very decent food. I personally had a lot of fun in the bars at night! The staff and sailors make you feel part of the family. There are only 3 beaches around on walking distance and a small hill you can hike, but on a small island like this... What is far!
If you want a cool experience of what life on a Caribbean island can be... I would recommend this place. I'll be back here for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three star hotel located at the border between the French and Dutch side of the island, our rooms are spacious and offer beautiful views of the ocean and the St.Barths island or the Oyster pond marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Captain Oliver's Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Oliver`s Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Captain Olivers Resort
- Captain Olivers Hotel
- Captain Oliver's Resort Hotel St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean