“A Great Beach To Spend The Day” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Club Orient Resort
1 Baie Orientale, 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
San Clemente, California
“A Great Beach To Spend The Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The beach at the Club Orient Resort is not to be missed. Yes it is a clothing optional beach! I love this beach!!! The sand is clean white and soft and it does not get hot; no shoes required! The ocean is so beautiful here crystal clear and warm, with no waves. its so easy to swim and snorkel here. I have been going to the beach here for the past 12 years and its great!!! Although, I don't stay at the resort we really enjoy spending the day on the beach in the nude!!! I stay at a Hotel in the Grand Case area close to all the great restaurants. I just wanted to let everyone know that even though you are not staying at the resort you can come down and spend the day! You will not regret it! Two chairs and a umbrella for $20.00, with access to the restaurants and bar! Please come down and spend a day on the beach in the nude!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our fourth trip to St Martin but our first with Club O and our first clothing optional vacation. Initially it was the location that was the most important, not the naturism. We love Orient beach and did not want to have to drive or take taxis. I was a little embarrassed at the idea but decided to go for it. We got there in the afternoon and the front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful or polite. We went to our room which was a duplex cabin. We stayed in a mini suite and it was quite comfortable for our week stay. It was clean, quiet and air conditioned. We had a full sized refrigerator and the kitchen had everything you needed (plates, glasses, pots, pans, full stove and oven). We did not make use of anything except the fridge. With all the fabulous food choices, I didn't want to cook. We took a very short walk down to the beach. I was hesitant but within a few minutes stripped off. It was unbelievably comfortable and quite wonderful. The feeling of the sun and breeze gave me a sensation like I have ever experienced. We stayed until almost 7:00 PM.

We are not people that you would ever think would do this. I cannot believe how fantastic it was. The people were so friendly. I wondered how anyone could have a conversation naked with a naked stranger before this visit. Oddly it was very comfortable. It was almost like when you shed your clothes you shed the judgement. I remember several people's names we met on the vacation and that is probably the first time that has happened.

The resort is pretty self contained and you have little reason to go anywhere else. They have a boutique that has groceries, rum, fresh pastries in the morning, over the counter meds, sunscreen etc. We found everything that we needed and did not find it necessary to go to a grocery store. It was a little pricier than the local markets, but the convenience is worth it. You don't waste precious vacation hours hunting for milk, bread, rum or aspirin.

I think this resort is an excellent value. They have great security so it feels very safe. The front desk staff make you feel like welcome guests. Everyone is friendly and nobody is pushy. If you don't want to talk to anyone you don't have to. If you don't then you are missing out on some really wonderful people.

When you go, you will see why people go again and again. I have never had such a relaxing vacation in my life. All we can think about is the next time we can go back. Next time, I will pack lighter!

Room Tip: There aren't really any rooms that have and ocean view so don't pay more.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clifton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We are just back from our 12th trip to St. Martin and Club Orient and our first trip since July 2010. We started going to Club Orient in July 1999 so we have seen lots of changes around the island and on Orient Beach. Fortunately, the changes at Club Orient are subtle and welcome but it still has that same rustic and welcoming charm that it has always had. If you are looking for opulence or fancy, then Club O is not the place that will meet those check boxes. If you are looking for a comfortable clothing optional experience on one of the world's best nude beaches, look no further. We have stayed in numerous beach front chalets over the years when we were bringing our daughter with us. While we like the size of the beach front chalets, now that it was just the two of us going on the trip, we tried our second time in a Mini-Suite Deluxe. While smaller than the chalets, the fact that the entire unit is air conditioned is very nice. The kitchen is definitely smaller and we do cook and grill while we are there but we aren't fixing 4-course gourmet dinners (go to Grand Case for those) so it is fine for what we need.

The Mini-Suite deluxe was very comfortable and both the refrigerator and stove appeared almost brand new. Unfortunately we had one of the small European sized refrigerator/freezers and since we were there for 2 weeks, not having a full-sized refrigerator was somewhat of an inconvenience. I wish that the resort would standardize on full-size refrigerators. The king-size mattress was also very comfortable and we slept well on it.

We ate at Papagayo several times and the food was good. Service for the most part was good and the restaurant staff really does care and does their best. There was one night where the service was slow which I think might have been due in part to a server in training. Since we were on vacation and had no where important to go, we just enjoyed the time to relax until the meal arrived.

The internet access at the resort is still not up to what we are accustomed to in the US. While the resort does have wifi coverage everywhere thanks to an extensive set of access points, the bandwidth is more like 1990's 56kb dial up modems. I spoke to Steve Payne the GM about it at one of the Monday night wine & cheese parties and Steve told me that the cost of bandwidth was astronomical on the island and if he could get more bandwidth, he would but right now he has two different ISP's supplying the maximum that he can get. The wifi bandwidth is suitable for email and IM. Skype voice calls to the US were acceptable but not good quality. Don't even think about Skype video calls, Netflix or Slingbox.

While we were there, we also had wifi reliability issues (separate from bandwidth constraints). There was a 30 second power outage one afternoon that took the wifi out for 24 hours. A few days later there was another brief power outage and the wifi was out for several hours.

We love St. Martin and Club Orient and won't think of staying anywhere else on the island!

Room Tip: While you can request specific rooms or ranges of rooms, you likely won't get what you ask for i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sure it's pricey and the quality of the rooms is definitely not 5 star however the experience is something to be enjoyed and remembered.
We were first timers and as previously stated there is no pressure but you don't need to be pressured as it is so natural to strip off in this environment and just enjoy being totally relaxed.
We stayed 3 nights in May at the end of a holiday staying in Grand Case, we enjoyed it that much we came back for another 4 nights a few weeks later.
Food was good at the restaurant although I must confess to having a prudish aversion to nude dining especially when it is a buffet :-0
You read comments about needing to be at the store at 8am sharp so that you don't miss out on the pastries, the better option is to pre-order them the day before then just wander up in your own good time to collect.
All in all a great location, would We go again? We already did!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Big City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

While planning our recent anniversary trip, my wife and I wanted to find a hotel near Orient Beach. Neither of us had been to any sort of clothing optional place....ever, Clothing optional?! Seriously? If you knew us, you'd never believe we'd go to a place "like that". However, after a great deal of discussion, angst, fear, etc, we decided to say "YOLO" and stay at Club Orient. Fast forward to our arrival...it only took us an hour after checking in to work up the courage to shed our clothes and enjoy the beach. I admit it seemed very odd at first to be naked around a bunch of other naked people, but really, truly, no one paid any attention. Everyone was just there to have fun on their vacation. People were very polite and said "hi" as we passed by on the paths to the beach, but that was about it. Had I not experienced it for the 5 days we were there, I doubt I would have believed how natural it felt. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are nice, the food at the restaurant is really, really good. (Shrimp Papagayo and the dijon-sauce salmon were our favorites.) Of course the real reason to go is the beach....and what an incredible beach it is. We spent most days just relaxing in our birthday suits on our towels on the lounge chairs under the bright yellow umbrellas by the ocean. It was an incredible experience. If you are reading these reviews to try to decide if you should go or not, and you have the slightest urge to give it a try, I say "go for it". This wasn't our umpteenth visit there like so many other reviewers say, it was our first, but it sure won't be our last.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, Mini Suite Deluxe has king size beds. You'll spend most of your time on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I just returned yesterday from our ninth trip to St. Martin. As with most of these trips we stayed at clothing optional Club Orient Resort. I have another review posted on Trip Advisor from a previous year, but I wanted to update it. We had the best time we have ever had at Club O. And I have yet to stay there that I haven't felt that way. It simply gets better and better each year.

We try to time our annual visit to include the 4th of July, and this year I joined the nudist parade down Orient Beach decked out in red, white and blue with others from the resort. It was a blast and the entire day was a lot of fun.

As is stated in numerous other postings, nudist's are the friendliest people in the world, and this year was no exception. As we continue to come back to Club O year after year at a similar time we meet new people, reconnect with old friends from previous years, and honestly have made some lifelong friends there. Until you've tried Club O you'll never know how wonderful it is to experience nudism in such a surreal setting. I was thanking the Good Lord for allowing me to be in that place, at that time, with these people. It truly is a blessing.

I did want to expand on my earlier review by saying that the food in Papagayo was the best I have ever had there. In the past we have had a hard time eating there more than a couple of times. This time we never got to try all of the appealing dishes, and the quality and presentation of the food was outstanding. It was a pleasant surprise.

As always, the wait staff, the security staff, the housekeepers, the massage therapists in the Wellness Center, the wonderful ladies in La Boutique, and especially and always Willie from the Perch Bar were absolutely as friendly, helpful and welcoming as always.

If you're not sure about nudity, or your partner has a problem with it, this is the place to try it out. It is a very wholesome environment with lots of friendly people and no pressure whatsoever. I hope you'll give it a try. Where nothing...is everything!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at club orient from 3 June until 14 June, this is my fourth time at this resort. All the staff
are extremely friendly and helpful. I hear some people say club o is expensive,I disagree you're on one of the worlds most beautiful beaches and a studio for about $140.00 per night in my opinion is one hell of a deal! The Papagayo restaurant is superb. This is the most relaxing vacation location I have ever experienced. I stayed this year in a studio, 2 years ago in a mini suite and found the accomodations very comfortable and adequate. Please never put T. V.'s or radios in the rooms, that's what I go , to get away from it all!

Room Tip: All are close to beach, I chose a studio because of the close proximity to Papagayo.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Club Orient Resort? Share your experiences!