When we arrive at Club Orient, something in my chest says "Ah! Home again." I breathe more easily here and can feel the stress melting away,even before I book a massage.
Our mini-suite is a perfect size. We only have a queen-sized bed at home so the king-sized bed in the mini-suite deluxe units doesn't appeal to us. It's nice that there is enough cutlery and dishes for 4 people since we can have another couple over for dinner.
We also like that the mini-suites are close to the boutique so we can head over for the free coffee and fresh baguettes (or almond pastries) when it opens at 8am. We tend to eat dinner in our unit so being farther from Papagayo is fine with us. Plus when there is live entertainment there, we aren't disturbed in our unit.
We have never stayed in anything other than a mini-suite but we've been nosy and looked in other units for comparison.
The studios are closer to the beach and closer to Papagayo, both of which is appealing to some people but, for the same price, we prefer the extra 10' of length inside the mini-suites as well as having a great "backyard" to look out at (or sit out in). The chalets are out of our snack bracket but we would consider one if we were coming down with our kids because they sleep 4 (and the mini-suite only sleeps 3).
Many of the units are owned and some owners have upgraded the furniture significantly. We saw one beach front chalet with leather furniture (but we're more comfortable with the basic furniture in the mini-suites). The owner of one unit is an artist and has painted the unit in really interesting colours.
This is definitely not your cookie-cutter hotel! Aside from the boutique, we don't see the staff that much. Our unit is mysteriously cleaned each day and we get fresh towels each day despite the sign saying to leave towels to be changed in the bathtub. This is fine with us since the sunscreen does tend to get on everything and we are using the towels for sitting on the chairs and couch.
The boutique is well-stocked with a variety of foods from snacks and sweets to everything you need for a full dinner. We've compared prices with local grocery stores and it is very comparable (we thought there would be a huge mark-up but there isn't). They will also stock your kitchen before you arrive if you fill out the form and send it in. I did this the day before we were arriving and got an email back within an hour. It was great to have cold beer in the refrigerator waiting for our arrival!
Yesterday I bought an avocado and the cashier said that if I found it was black inside to tell her the next day and she would refund the cost. She said that frequently they have trouble with them due to shipping but you can't tell until you open it. I was sad when it turned out to be black but happy that there was a refund without question. You won't get that at a grocery store here!
Today we're inside because the wind is really strong at the beach. I'm taking advantage of the free wifi to write a review. Usually I'm too busy sitting on the beach to do it. Give yourself a break and take a chance on Club Orient.
- Also Known As:
- Club Orient Hotel
- Club Orient Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Club Orient
- Club Orient Baie Nettle
- Orient Naturist Club
- Beach Club Orient
- Hotel Orient
- Club Orient Naturist Resort
- Club Orient Resort St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Orient Resort is situated on the white sand beach of Orient Bay on the Island of St. Martin. We offer 137 spacious ocean front or garden bungalows. Every unit is equipped w/ a full kitchen w/ dining area, ACs, Internet access, front/back patio and more. Onsite grocery store, boutique, watersports facility, spa/fitness center, restaurant, beach bar and grill, tennis courts and more. All these conveniences are located on our property where clothing is optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Club Orient Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.