Made it to Club O once again over New Years. Meeting our old friends and meeting new friends is really our favorite part of vacationing at CO -----hard to be pretentious when you are nude! We've reviewed CO in the past but feel a few additional comments are deserved. First, the front office staff are wonderful. Karma can take care of any problem with amazing efficiency---I wish she worked for us!! The boutique staff are friendly and helpful and Willie at the Perch Bar is amazing. One downside this year: The food at the Papagayo was better than ever---but the service was not up to previous year's excellence. Apparently there has been some server turnover and hopefully this will resolve with better training.
A couple of new finds in the area--- and in the most unexpected location! Behind the Simply Market [on the way to Grand Case] are two small wine shops. The Grape Leaf [only a few weeks old] is tiny, with a small but select group of French wines at extremely reasonable prices. Also has a few delicacies such as canned French foie gras. Bacchus is much larger, with a larger selection and deli like counters of delicacies. But their lunch is truly fabulous. It is not cheap--- you can easily spend over $100 per person including wine-- but every bite is worth it with the food being comparable to that of a Michelin 3-4 star restaurant. You will not be disappointed!
So make it to Club O, enjoy the wonderful beach, the friendly staff and guests, the Papagayo and the local shops and restaurants. It needs to be experienced!
- Also Known As:
- Club Orient Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Club Orient Hotel
- Club Orient
- Club Orient Baie Nettle
- Orient Naturist Club
- Beach Club Orient
- Hotel Orient
- Club Orient Naturist Resort
- Club Orient Resort St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Orient Resort is situated on the white sand beach of Orient Bay on the Island of St. Martin. We offer 137 spacious ocean front or garden bungalows. Every unit is equipped w/ a full kitchen w/ dining area, ACs, Internet access, front/back patio and more. Onsite grocery store, boutique, watersports facility, spa/fitness center, restaurant, beach bar and grill, tennis courts and more. All these conveniences are located on our property where clothing is optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Club Orient Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.