I stayed at Club Orient for a week, from Dec. 4th to Dec. 11th. This was my 8th trip to St. Maarten/Martin, and Club Orient, between 1991 and 2012.
It's very much like staying at a summer cottage, as the rooms are in cabins of various sizes. I stayed in a studio type of room, perfect for one or two people. I travelled alone, but I was far from lonely. Everyone is so friendly, it's easy to meet people. Club Orient is in a beautiful tropical setting, with lush vegetation. The beach, of course, is the highlight, with soft white sand, and gorgeous turquoise water. December is typically windy, as the locals tell me, calling them the "Christmas Winds". Some days are windier than others. When I felt it was too windy for me to be on the beach, I would spend lazy days on my lounge chair in the garden area by my room, where it was less windy. The sun feels so good, whether on the beach, or in the garden area. Great climate! So wonderful to enjoy it all with the freedom to be clothes free. I felt so completely part of nature that way. Also got a great all over tan! There were two short rainfalls during my week, one for 10 min. and the other about 20 min. Another highlight of Club Orient is the staff. These folks are amazing, amazing, amazing!! They will do what they can to help you enjoy your vacation to the fullest. The Front Desk staff were all so professional and friendy, but I wish to mention two of them who were exceptional.......Junior, and Karima. They exceeded my expectations. I had most of my meals at the Papagayo Restaurant on site. They don't serve breakfast, only lunch and dinner. Free coffee is available in the boutique from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., with an assortment of fresh pastries for sale. If I wanted a full breakfast, I was able to walk outside the resort to a lovely hilltop restaurant called "Paradise View". It's a 20 min. walk, but be careful to walk well to the side of the road, as there are no sidewalks. The server I had at Papagayo for the most part was Ronald. This man is always so jolly and full of life. He always helped to make my dining experience most enjoyable. If you are into cooking, which I am not, each room has full kitchen facilities. You can buy groceries at the boutique. Housekeeping staff is excellent, doing a marvellous job. My studio was always clean and well stocked. I can't wait for the next time I will be able to visit St. Martin and Club Orient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Orient Resort is situated on the white sand beach of Orient Bay on the Island of St. Martin. We offer 137 spacious ocean front or garden bungalows. Every unit is equipped w/ a full kitchen w/ dining area, ACs, Internet access, front/back patio and more. Onsite grocery store, boutique, watersports facility, spa/fitness center, restaurant, beach bar and grill, tennis courts and more. All these conveniences are located on our property where clothing is optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Club Orient Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Orient Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Club Orient Baie Nettle
- Orient Naturist Club
- Beach Club Orient
- Hotel Orient
- Club Orient Naturist Resort
- Club Orient Resort St Maarten-St Martin, Caribbean