“Magnificent!! Wish it was closer..” 4 of 5 stars

You added Club Orient Resort to your Saves list
Club Orient Resort
1 Baie Orientale, 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Indian Head Park,IL.
“Magnificent!! Wish it was closer..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have been to Club twice.From the time you arrive till you say "Au revoir".You are pampered from the Ocean view ,friendly Staff & guests.I walk the beach every morning along with others that trek the beautiful mile long beach. Truely a first class "clothing optional" Resort.The food at Papagayo has always been excellent.Take the Tiki Tiki dinner boat.Very nice affair with dinner prepared on the boat.
The General store has most of the day to day needs.The guards are respectful & do a great job of patrolling the grounds.By the time your ready to leave ,you'll start planning your return visit.
Enjoy..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is in response to RL on August 5, 2012. We have been going to Club O since 1998. We just can't help going back. In fact, we leave Saturday for 11 days. I think part of the attraction is the people themselves. Everyone is friendly, and it may be that we are all in the same boat. There are no clothes, bathing suits, etc. to show off or try to keep up with. Everyone is equal. When my husband and I made our first our trip, I was very apprehensive - had never done anything like that before. It took me a couple of days to unwind. Now I'm very comfortable. There are very few "10's". In fact, I actually think people look better nude than trying to squeeze into a small suit. That can actually make a person look fatter. As for the dining experience - I personally like to "dress" for dinner. I have never been made to feel uncomfortable having a pareau covering me the entire evening. It's always been a mixture of dressed and undressed people. The same goes for the beach. Most people are nude, but, it's totally accepted if you are wearing something. I often cover up, especially when the ships are in. The "boat people" are gawkers and it really gets tiring having them stare. If they are that curious that they trek all the way down to this beach, they should at least try it instead of staring.

It's true, the rooms are not fancy. But, how much time do you really spend in your room? The microwave is probably my favorite luxury there. We've gotten so we bring a lot of our own smaller things with us, such as, cereal, sugar, and some snack items. Most everything else we buy on our way from the airport. If you bring a small cooler, you can fill up sandwich bags with water for freezing and take your drink to the beach. After a few times, you come up with your own little ways of doing things.

All-in-all, nothing compares to Club O. I just wish there was someplace closer to home just like it. It's not an inexpensive trip.

Room Tip: A studio is adequate for 2 people.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Best part of my trip to St. Martin was the beach at Club Orient. I spent time at the beaches on the Dutch side and French side, but the atmosphere, water and sand were the best at Club Orient. I walked by the Club Orient beach first, but I stayed the morning at Waikiki Beach (nice beach but too much seaweed). After a drink for lunch I ventured back to Club Orient Beach and decided it was time to go au naturale. Everyone was friendly and not creepy at all. In fact they were the most friendly people I met on the island. There is nothing to fear since people are there to relax and not gawk at other people. I wish I went early and often. Water was calm and beautiful. Pure paradise. Once you try the nude beach I do not know how you can be satisfied with anything else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
roseville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I highly recommend Club Orient. For anyone who even wants to try a casual, family friendly, easy going resort this is the place to start. We stayed 10 night this time and truly enjoyed each day.

I recommend the following:
1) Get a car so you can eat a Grand Case a few times. This is where the best restaurants are. Use travelers checks so you get 1:1 discount on Euro to Dollars.
2) Spend most of your time right in front of the resort on the beach. When you arrive they give you tags to marke your chairs which will be setup for you each day of your trip.
3) Go on the Tiko Tiko early in your trip. You will make friends (vast majority of the time). This makes the rest of the trip more fun.
4) Definitly get a swim suit made by Luiz right outside the resort behind Pedro's. The best suitmaker in the world is right next Club Orient. Materials from Paris, highest quality, custom made. Thousands have been made by Luiz. He is only open 3-5pm each day (life is tough for him).
5) Shop before you get to the resort at the new market USA Market or Grand Marche on the way through the French side (left) from airport. The food is better at these locations. I do recommend Grand Marche since it is in Guilders and the rates are cheaper than in Euros. Buy a few days worth of food at the very least.
6) Get fresh baked goods at Club Orient each day. You can place an order for pasteries.
7) Just relax and have fun.

The rooms have small but highly functional kitchens. I recommend eating on your patio at the picnic benches as the sun rises.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We just returned from our first trip to Club “O”. We had an amazing fun vacation and never spent more time laughing with new found friends on a vacation, the place is very special and I am not even sure why people are so much friendlier then in other resorts but it really makes the place great. Some of the things that I would recommend for others would be to rent a car. Don’t be afraid to drive on the island. They do drive a bit crazy but if you’re careful you will really enjoy the freedom and save a fortune on cab fees. If you are using a Cab use Louis as everyone else recommended he is honest and reliable. Restaurants on the beach are good especially Andy and Cheryl’s a bit pricey for lunch but worth saving leftovers for dinner and awesome food. Too bad they all close at 3:00 in the off season. That’s what really makes a car necessary. Orient village is fun and some nice restaurants. Walking distance going but after dinner a cab is necessary due to gate closure. French restaurants are the best. Thai/Indian was ok, but expensive and service was fair at best. Outdoor smokers easily can ruin your meal if you sit by the main street outside.
We stayed in a mini suite and were very close to the beach. The center garden that the mini’s surround make meeting people fun and extra friendly. Just hang on your back porch and you’ll have new friends in no time. The rooms are fair. Nothing fancy but sufficient. The AC works well which is good. No TV which is difficult at night in offseason when most people go into their rooms at 8:00 PM. Internet service is ok, but not the fastest. The beds are very hard and uncomfortable. If you like pillow top mattresses these will be difficult to get used too. You may want to bring and extra blanket as the one given is not warm and with the AC it can be freezing. Also bring a blow dryer as one is not given Kitchen is well stocked but bring things like salt pepper napkins and condiments. You can buy them in the store but they are costly. Stop at grocery on the way rather than having them deliver to your room much cheaper. Beach is beautiful; bring towel holders and noodles if possible. Save bread to feed the fish. The water is filled with beautiful fish close to the edge and throwing in scraps has the fish jumping out of the water. Papagallios the hotel restaurant is not very good. The place has no A/C and closed and shutters and very stuffy. The food is just ok and many better choices exist if you want to wear clothes.
As for the clothing “Optional” part since this was my first trip I sincerely did not feel that it was optional. While people understand that you are new and getting used to the idea they are not shy about pushing you into getting nude. Topless is ok if getting nude is not for you but you will still get comments some funny some not Occasional cruise gawkers walk the beach depending the season it can be 1 ship a day or more in high season..
Overall we loved the placed and had a great trip. We don’t even know why but we did and you will too.

Room Tip: Villa is amazing and worth sharing with others has 3 bedrooms and is huge. Regular are similiar just...
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just ended our eighth stay at Club O. In 2005 we made our first visit to Saint Martin and stayed at the Grand Case Beach Club. A very nice intro to the island. However, each day was spent at the Club O beach. *palm to forehead* Let's stay at Club O next time and here we are eight stays later.

Incidentally, Club O is our first CO resort. And among the wonderful folks we met there who have been to a variety of CO resorts they said that Club O is The Best. The grounds are well tended; the accommodations are clean and have the basics; the staff are friendly and helpful. The beach is great as the breakers and Green Cay provide a buffer from rougher surf that one experiences on the northern side of Orient Bay.

We spent the first 6 trips in the mini suites which are roomy and met our needs well. In 2011 we tried the studio and repeated this year. Although the studios are smaller, we like the closer proximity to the beach.

An annual favorite activity is Tiko Tiko to Tintamarre.

We don't rent a car as we tend to stay on Club O grounds or stroll past Pedro's for beach dining. So, for transportation to Grand Case for dinner or to/from airport we rely on Louis and Daisy Richardson for taxi service. Prompt, good drivers, knowledgeable and honest. We email ahead to schedule airport pickup and Louis meets us as scheduled. He or Daisy, his wife, drive us to the Dutch Cul de Sac Grand Marche grocery store and wait with our luggage while we load up with groceries for two weeks. Then, they take us to Club O for check in and drive us to our studio.

The best part of Club O (besides clothing optional *wink*) is meeting many interesting and wonderful folks from across the US, Canada, and Europe that become friends.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have been going to the Club O area of Orient Beach now for several years, while stopping on a cruise ship. We love the area and the freedom it brings. Planning a week long trip to St. Martin (since we knew that the short time from a ship was just not enough) we originally decided to go "on the cheap" and stay at the Mont Vernon end of Orient Beach. While gorgeous there, I could not get in the ocean as the waves were way too big for me. We decided to just go ahead and try Club O since we were there anyway. I am SO glad we did. Every single person there, from the check in desk, to maintenance, to security to housekeeping was easily the friendliest group of people I have ever encountered while on vacation.

We stayed in a Garden Villa, which was the only room available on such short notice. It is 550 sq ft, much of which, we didn't need or use. We only cooked one night, though I can see where it would be nice to have that kitchen if one was staying longer. The only complaint I had about the room was that it only had a queen sized bed in the master bedroom. If you are used to king, as we are, a queen is noticeably smaller. Other than that, the room was very comfortable indeed.

I really like the idea that you can wear as little or as much as you want and the comfort of that is unmistakable. I have never been somewhere where I was so relaxed and so comfortable before. This sold us, and as far as we are concerned, we will never stay anywhere else while on St. Martin.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the "Beach Chalet". None of the buildings are far from the water.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Orient Resort? Share your experiences!