“Zoo” 3 of 5 stars

Stamford, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“Zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had to visit the Zoo. Peacocks roaming around, followed us as we fed the animals crackers. Made it even more unique. Birds and animals seem very happy. Many open area set ups for parrots which makes for a more personal interaction. Birds are very gentle as the take crackers from you. Was happy to feel they were loved. It is not an over the top zoo, very simple, but if you enjoy animals check it out.

Visited December 2012

Stamford, Connecticut
“Excellent time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We took the 2 hour ride. The views were breathtaking! The day we went it was so clear you can see most of the neighboring islands. Our guide, Abby, was extremely informative and gave us the time to take in all the views. This was one of the best things we did when we visited last week. The horses were beautiful and enjoyed the dip in the ocean at the end. This trip is for those who have been on a horse before. The terrain in some parts can be slightly rough, but the horses are the ones that know it best. I was so comfortable on my horse, Regulata, I wished I could take her home with me. This is a MUST! You should really make the time to go and do this.

Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent Activity !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went for the 1 hour ride and it was great!! We rode along the hillside where you could see neighboring islands such as St. Barts plus beautiful views of the ocean. Our guide was amazing and I wish I could remember her name but she explained different things about the island during the entire ride as well as made sure everyone was okay with their horses. The horses were calm and seem to be very well taken care. During our ride we saw one horse that the guide told us was retired which was nice to know that they still keep them at te park as opposed to shipping them off. The ride finishes with about a 10 minute ride through the oean where you go in the water up to your hips, it was fantastic! I found the park a little hard to find as the person we booked through did not explain well and you have to go past Texaco plants which you would not expect the park to be that road. Anyway we did find it and I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Visited January 2013
“Best experience in St. Maarten!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I did a sunset horseback ride with champaign and a campfire.... Great view and defiantly the best experience we had while visiting this island... Also, the owners were very kind and friendly and the guides made the experience great too! With the small groups anyone would enjoy it even if they are not an outdoors type. Seaside nature park is a must see if you are planning a trip to st Maarten.

Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“Nice shore excursion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My daughter and I recently took the 1-hour horseback riding tour. As others noted, the approach to the area is a bit underwhelming, as you do drive through a petroleum plant. However, once you arrive you will find the staff friendly and welcoming.
Our 1 hour ride took us up over the ridge for some very nice views of the bay where the nature center sits, as well as the next bay over. The views were very nice. Our guide (Abby?) was very friendly and shared interesting tidbits on the area. As it was just my daughter and I, it was a very personal focused excursion which was great! The ride ended with the best part...taking the horses into the ocean! We both really enjoyed that portion of the ride - but just to make sure other readers are aware, that is really only maybe 5 minutes of the whole ride.
I'd recommend it to other visitors to St. Maarten looking for an interesting way to see other parts of the island when you have gotten your fill of beaches and shopping!

Visited January 2013