“Excellent time!” 5 of 5 stars

Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We took the 2 hour ride. The views were breathtaking! The day we went it was so clear you can see most of the neighboring islands. Our guide, Abby, was extremely informative and gave us the time to take in all the views. This was one of the best things we did when we visited last week. The horses were beautiful and enjoyed the dip in the ocean at the end. This trip is for those who have been on a horse before. The terrain in some parts can be slightly rough, but the horses are the ones that know it best. I was so comfortable on my horse, Regulata, I wished I could take her home with me. This is a MUST! You should really make the time to go and do this.

Visited February 2013

Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent Activity !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went for the 1 hour ride and it was great!! We rode along the hillside where you could see neighboring islands such as St. Barts plus beautiful views of the ocean. Our guide was amazing and I wish I could remember her name but she explained different things about the island during the entire ride as well as made sure everyone was okay with their horses. The horses were calm and seem to be very well taken care. During our ride we saw one horse that the guide told us was retired which was nice to know that they still keep them at te park as opposed to shipping them off. The ride finishes with about a 10 minute ride through the oean where you go in the water up to your hips, it was fantastic! I found the park a little hard to find as the person we booked through did not explain well and you have to go past Texaco plants which you would not expect the park to be that road. Anyway we did find it and I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Visited January 2013
“Best experience in St. Maarten!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My mother and I did a sunset horseback ride with champaign and a campfire.... Great view and defiantly the best experience we had while visiting this island... Also, the owners were very kind and friendly and the guides made the experience great too! With the small groups anyone would enjoy it even if they are not an outdoors type. Seaside nature park is a must see if you are planning a trip to st Maarten.

Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice shore excursion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My daughter and I recently took the 1-hour horseback riding tour. As others noted, the approach to the area is a bit underwhelming, as you do drive through a petroleum plant. However, once you arrive you will find the staff friendly and welcoming.
Our 1 hour ride took us up over the ridge for some very nice views of the bay where the nature center sits, as well as the next bay over. The views were very nice. Our guide (Abby?) was very friendly and shared interesting tidbits on the area. As it was just my daughter and I, it was a very personal focused excursion which was great! The ride ended with the best part...taking the horses into the ocean! We both really enjoyed that portion of the ride - but just to make sure other readers are aware, that is really only maybe 5 minutes of the whole ride.
I'd recommend it to other visitors to St. Maarten looking for an interesting way to see other parts of the island when you have gotten your fill of beaches and shopping!

Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great way to enjoy the sunset, especially if you like horseback riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I did the sunset horseback riding trip 2 weeks ago, and it was very enjoyable. Our guide, Jay, was very easy going, courteous and helpful. He made it very easy to spend time with, combining friendly conversation with allowing us time to ourselves at the overlook. The 1st portion of the ride was spent riding up the hillside to a seaside overlook. You could see the sun set, as well as 5 neighboring island nations from this point (Saba, St. Kitts, and St. Barts among the 5.) After a 45 minute champaigne / marshmallow break, we rode back down in the dark, and did a quick beachside ride, which included riding in the water. The sunset / champaigne stop was the highlight. Like a previous review said, you do drive past a power plant to get to the park, so it can be misleading, but worth the trip.

Visited November 2012