“Best experience in St. Maarten!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+599 5445255
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Adventure
“Best experience in St. Maarten!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I did a sunset horseback ride with champaign and a campfire.... Great view and defiantly the best experience we had while visiting this island... Also, the owners were very kind and friendly and the guides made the experience great too! With the small groups anyone would enjoy it even if they are not an outdoors type. Seaside nature park is a must see if you are planning a trip to st Maarten.

Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“Nice shore excursion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My daughter and I recently took the 1-hour horseback riding tour. As others noted, the approach to the area is a bit underwhelming, as you do drive through a petroleum plant. However, once you arrive you will find the staff friendly and welcoming.
Our 1 hour ride took us up over the ridge for some very nice views of the bay where the nature center sits, as well as the next bay over. The views were very nice. Our guide (Abby?) was very friendly and shared interesting tidbits on the area. As it was just my daughter and I, it was a very personal focused excursion which was great! The ride ended with the best part...taking the horses into the ocean! We both really enjoyed that portion of the ride - but just to make sure other readers are aware, that is really only maybe 5 minutes of the whole ride.
I'd recommend it to other visitors to St. Maarten looking for an interesting way to see other parts of the island when you have gotten your fill of beaches and shopping!

Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Great way to enjoy the sunset, especially if you like horseback riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I did the sunset horseback riding trip 2 weeks ago, and it was very enjoyable. Our guide, Jay, was very easy going, courteous and helpful. He made it very easy to spend time with, combining friendly conversation with allowing us time to ourselves at the overlook. The 1st portion of the ride was spent riding up the hillside to a seaside overlook. You could see the sun set, as well as 5 neighboring island nations from this point (Saba, St. Kitts, and St. Barts among the 5.) After a 45 minute champaigne / marshmallow break, we rode back down in the dark, and did a quick beachside ride, which included riding in the water. The sunset / champaigne stop was the highlight. Like a previous review said, you do drive past a power plant to get to the park, so it can be misleading, but worth the trip.

Visited November 2012
Stillwater, MN
4 attraction reviews
“Another "must-do!" on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Fun, scary, beautiful, interesting, educational, all wrapped up into one excursion! We did the 2-hour horseback ride and had such a wonderful time! ALERT: to get to the seaside park, you WILL literally drive through a power plant, which looks super-industrial and like you shouldn't be there at ALL, but keep going! You will suddenly find a sign for the park. Park in the lot and walk down to the covered picnic/ food shack area, and someone will find you!

Our guide was well-trained and so funny and interesting, had much to share about the history of the park and the horses, his own life, the island and surrounding islands . . . the ride was kind of scary for us beginners (some steep up and down, rocky hills), but we were well-guided and had no issues (other than some little goats who spooked our horses at one point—mine ended up rearing up and spinning around to be facing the wrong direction! It happened too fast for me to even be scared! Our guide calmly talked me into guiding my horse back into the right direction, and all was well with our world again! :)

Expect: breathtaking vistas, relaxing yet thrilling ride, intense HEAT/SUN!!! (sunscreen, water & sunglasses are a MUST!!) The walk into the ocean with the horses was the highlight of the trip—it was so f'n hot (even for the early 9 a.m. ride) that by the end of the two hours, my heart was breaking for my beautiful, hard-working horse, Caramel (even though our guide assured us that the horses are well-cared for, well-fed, and aren't over-worked)! My horse seemed to really love the ocean stroll (we were easily knee-deep, maybe more, while sitting on the horses), and both of us cooled off tremendously with that treat!

Visited November 2012
Palos Hills, Illinois
“Joyful, romantic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I went with the $200 2 hour Champagne/Sunset ride, bonfire, roasted marshmallows experience because it was our last night on the island and we wanted it to be special. And it was amazing! Jay, our tour guide, was genial, courteous, and obviously enjoyed his job very much. He took pleasure in making our experience fun and romantic. The woman running the office was kind and had our complimentary drinks waiting for us before we were done paying. She even answered my hundred or so questions about the other animals they keep. Our champagne was sweet and palatable for any drinker. Roasting marshmallows made my husband and I feel like kids again. The horses were gentle to ride and very responsive to nudges. At the end of the tour, the horses ride into the water and it is very nice! If you want to make your partner feel special, this is the package to opt for. It is well worth it! I couldn't stop smiling and I've told everyone back home what a great experience this was for us.

Visited May 2012