“Nice place. Great price. A bit deserted. Town was grungy” 4 of 5 stars

The Downtown Hotel
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Bridge Street, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Soufriere B&B and Inns
toronto
“Nice place. Great price. A bit deserted. Town was grungy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

Took my 74 year old mom and stayed at the Downtown Hotel for less than $80 a night.
There was no hot water the first few days, the fridge didn't work, a leg of the bed collapsed, and the town side is quite noisy at night. but these problems were quickly solved and we really enjoyed our stay. Once we learned to shut the doors formly at night to keep out the tiny, loud mosquitos, we slept well.
We ate at the Hummingbird and they invited us to hang out at their pool. Gorgeous location but beach was a bit lacking. Good snorking until you get out a little farther and see the garbage (tires, can) on the ocean floor.
That was the part that bothered us about Soufriere was the garbage in the streets and riverbed. The people are very friendly, helpful and good-matured despite tough economic times, especially the men.
Soufrier is a great location to take day trips from. We were interested in a bargain vacation and were able to take buses (steps form the hotel) to several nearby attractions.
We had a great time. Gorgeous, lush, warm island. We had clean friendly accomodations and were quite happy to save a few bucks.

• Stayed January 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Berlin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

The Hotel has two fronts, one two the sea and a huge air conditioning for KFC directly under your window, terrible noise from 8 am to 1 am. We moved two the other front, view two the church, but noise was even heavier: the bells of the church ring at 5 am for 10 minutes, than beginns the traffic, cars are using their horns... We did'nt sleep much there.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I was told about this simple hotel in the heart of soufriere. I contacted the place and got in touch with the reception Ms Mathurin. Oh it was a delight speaking to her. So friendly she was. I arrived on on 18th Oct 2006 and left 25th oct 2006. The rooms are too die for. They are just breathe taking. The view of the ocean and piton is just exquisite. I never experience such beauty in my life. I will be back for christmas this year. Take my advise "Heaven in Soufriere" and you wont regret.

Stayed October 2007
St. Lucia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

My boyfriend and I visited St. Lucia for the first time. It was a surprise birthday gift for me. We are an adventurous couple . We didn’t plan every detail of our trip. We visited Soufriere for some sight seeing, we came across the downtown hotel at the end of the day. We stop to spend the night since we were so tired. The room was lovely and so quiet and comfortable. I can remember reading a novel in the balcony with the sight of the piton, open ocean, the harbor and the sky staring right back at me. What a wonderful sight. Never was there a more fitting end to a "downtown day". The staff were extremely friendly. We actually spend an extra night. This was a birthday gift I will never forget and my boyfriend knows that. I don’t think I can top that when his come. Enjoy every part of it.

• Liked — location, friendly staff
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Downtown Hotel

Address: Bridge Street, Soufriere, St. Lucia
Location: Caribbean > St. Lucia > Soufriere Quarter > Soufriere
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 6 B&Bs / Inns in Soufriere
Hotel Class:2.5 star — The Downtown Hotel 2.5*
The hotel is nestled within an eclectic synergy of cultural heritage and pristine environmental collages know as Soufriere, branded as the gem of St. Lucia. The Downtown Hotel was not only designed to blend in with its natural and structural environment but also with the concept of ‘a home away home’ in mind. This concept is evident in our medley of 18 welcoming rooms, coupled with our cadre of personable employees and local people; world renowned for our hospitality. As we grew in the knowledge of you, our valued clientele, our design scheme was tailored to match your needs; have a look at your future accommodations: ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelBookers, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your The Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Downtown Hotel Soufrière
The Downtown Hotel St. Lucia/Soufriere

If you own or manage The Downtown Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.