“Great time on our honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jade Mountain Resort

You added Jade Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Jade Mountain Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Anse Chastanet Rd | PO Box 4000, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
TAKE FIVE
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Soufriere
Arlington, Virginia
“Great time on our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked our honeymoon through Tom Varghese at Travel Tom and he steered us in all the right directions! We did a few days at Jade Mountain at the end of our honeymoon to have a truly unique experience. I saw Jade Mountain on the Travel Channel as one of the top 20 places to go before you die and the episode really intrigued me, thinking that I would never go. Then Tom told me it was something that was so amazing and that I had to try it. So with taking his advice as he has never told me anything wrong and we booked it and we were so happy we did. their open air hotel, huge infinity pool in your room, amazing cuisine, really made our trip to Jade Mountain spectacular. We were greeted by our butler and told that we were special VIP guests because of our travel agent Tom and had a bottle of Prosecco on ice waiting in our room as we entered and about 20 minutes after checking into our room, another bottle of wine was delivered on behalf of our travel agent, it was absolutely awesome. the view, the sanctuary, sleeping and waking up to the Piton Mountains, the service and hospitality, there just isn't enough that I can say about this heavenly place except that I cannot wait to go back! we had a blast and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had our honey moon at this resort. Spent it in the galaxy suite and I can not emphasize how beautiful and luxurious the entire experience was. Everything was PERFECT. The hotel, food & staff were ALL amazing and made our stay so wonderful. Always prompt and ready to help. Quiet, luxurious, fine dining.

You get full access to the resort below anse chastanet which has an delicious indian-carribean restaurant that is a must try. Your personal butler will help make reservations for you for all the restaurants and activities.

Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This place is AWESOME in my opinion I have been to 4 Sandals Resorts Royal Plantation, White House, Granada and Antigua non of them compare to this place. Great place to fall in Love for the first time or all over again with that special someone. The food is very good much better than Sandals. Although the cost is more than Sandals it is well worth the extra money. I have had the butler service rooms with Sandals and the service here was fare above anything I had at any of the Sandals Resorts. I like Sandals but now that I have gone to Jade Mountain I do not know if I can go back to a Sandals Resort. Book a trip here you will not be disappointed.

Todd in Brentwood CA

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I know what you're doing right now. You're typing "best caribbean resorts" into google and "best all inclusives". Let me make it easy for you: stop the search and book Jade Mountain.

We stayed for a week in late October for our honeymoon and it was AMAZING. Hands down the best place we've ever stayed at and we've stayed at some pretty snazzy places in the Caribbean and Europe including the Savoy in London. The service, the food, the ROOM. A picture of our room (J-2) has been my computer screen background since the moment we came back. If you've got the $ just do it.

Our in laws gave us the honeymoon as our wedding gift and it was the best gift ever. All the restaurants on the property are great (loved the Indian one), the scuba trip was a ton of fun - not to mention one of the best dive sites we've ever been to - and I highly recommend splurging on the helicopter ride to the hotel. It took 6 minutes. We took a cab on the way back to the airport and felt super car sick.

Everything about Jade Mountain is perfect.

Room Tip: Honestly, you can't really go wrong.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just got back from a 4 day visit. Not enough words to describe the place. Open air room, birds, frogs, tropical rain showers as you sleep, rainbows (multiple, daily), wonderful food, great service. Unlike any other beach resort we have been to.
When I read other reviewers comment on "spotty wifi", "bumpy road", "birds stealing bits of food", "food and service clearly not 5 star", I think they miss the point.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location: Jade Mountain is the upmarket sister of Anse Chastanet Resort. They share premises and many of the facilities. Jade Mountain is located high up on the hill, while the cottages of Anse Chastanet are closer to the beach. Here comes the first warning: between the beach and your hotel you either climb a steep mountainside up and down or call for a shuttle service for which you can sometimes wait for 5 to 10 minutes. In my opinion Jade Mountain is probably the best positioned resort in St Lucia: one hour drive from the airport, near the famous Pitons, with its own beach and close proximity to the best dive sites on the island.

The hotel and its rooms: Jade Mountain Resort is a strangely-looking, huge concrete structure with many terraces close to the top of the hill. Every room can be accessed via massive concrete bridges held by large concrete columns. In many areas the concrete structure is left exposed and structural steel bars stand out of the columns. You have the feeling that the building was left unfinished. As I understood from the staff, however, the hotel was designed to look like this by its owner. It is down to everyone to decide whether you like this design or not.

Rooms of Jade Mountain are positioned to the south and west sides of the building providing spectacular views of the famous Piton mountains and the bay in front of them. These sides of the rooms, however, are left completely open, no walls, not even glass here. This, on the one hand, provides a unique, airy feeling and a "living out in the nature" sense but also creates a couple of problems: On a windy day there is no shelter, no escape. The wind blows through your room uninterrupted. I could only find some protection in the bathroom, which was positioned into the corner of the room. But even the bathroom is integrated into the room, no dividing wall, just a jacuzzi between the bathroom and the bedroom/lounge area. The other downsides of this open design are the mosquitos in the evening, and the birds and light from dawn. It is fun to sleep in nature but this also means that you cannot lock out nature either at your wish. Birds do not care whether you want to sleep in the morning, they start singing from around 5:30-6:00 am. And you cannot close the blinds either as they do not exist. So the only, partly working, solution is to use ear plugs and eye shades. (Provided by the hotel.)

Service: Service is better at Jade Mountain and Anse Chastanet compared to many other Caribbean resorts but not five-star. It is obvious that the hotels' management put a lot of effort into staff training but it is still not working well enough. The staff is polite but most of them are mechanical. They always say hello to you whenever you meet them but friendliness stops at a superficial level. There is plenty of staff around the resort but they are slow and make regular mistakes. Do not get carried away by the well-choreographed greetings ceremony at arrival. You won't see your "butler" much during your stay unless you track him/her down. The butlers change daily and make silly mistakes. Two examples: 1. After arrival I asked my butler to make me a massage appointment for the following afternoon. When I double-checked next day, after lunch, the booking with the Spa that did not exist. 2. One day I asked my butler to make me a dinner reservation at the Jade Mountain Restaurant. As there was only a late evening slot I opted for room service instead. At 6:30 pm I got the message that they found me a table for 7:00 pm. I cancelled the room service and went up to the restaurant. There they informed me that I only had a table from 8:00 pm. Went back to the room, told this information to the butler. 10 minutes later the butler shows up apologising that the restaurant made a mistake and I had a table. After going back and forth for an hour finally I set down at my dinner table at 7:30 pm.

However, the Jade Mountain Spa (called Kai en Ciel) is definitely one part of the resort where I would award five stars. I received excellent service from an attentive, knowledgable and professional staff here in numerous occasions. No let down here.

Another recommended activity is the "Bean to bar" chocolate experience. In the first part of the trip you can visit the hotel's own organic farm with the guidance of the pleasant and knowledgable farm manager and learn about, see, touch and sometimes even taste a great variety of tropical fruits and herbs. The resort also grows its own cocoa pods which later processed into high quality chocolate used for the deserts in their restaurants. You can even buy chocolate bars made locally with the leadership of a young, dynamic and very enthusiastic Dutch pastry chef. In the second half of the trip he will explain you how to make chocolate from cocoa and you will be given the opportunity to taste different chocolate varieties.

Jade Mountain shares a dive (and activity) centre with Anse Chastanet. This is a big "factory" with rather mechanical and soulless service. They do the job, in many cases do it well, but this is a big machinery churning hundreds of people every week. If you prefer more attention, more personalised service opt for a private dive. It is a pity because the area is blessed with great dive sites, the nearest accessible directly from shore in front of the dive shop.

Dining: The two resorts have four restaurants altogether: two on the beach, one halfway on the hillside, near the Anse Chastanet reception and one on the top of Jade Mountain. Food at the Apsara restaurant on the beach is ok, but I was not blown away by either the service, or the quality of their meals. They serve standard beach dishes for lunch and Caribbean-Indian fusion meal for dinner. I am always suspicious about "fusion" food, especially when they try to merge very distant cuisines. It rarely works well, and not in here. The other seaside food option is a very basic grill bar on a secluded little beach, Anse Mamin, a five-ten minute walk from the main Anse Chastanet beach. You can find the best food and service in the Jade Mountain Club, on the top of Jade Mountain Resort, with spectacular views of the two Pitons and the bay in front of Soufriere town. This restaurant serves very well presented and very high quality food in a nice setting. What lets them down again is the service. The staff makes regular silly mistakes. A couple of examples: Every morning I had to ask for a napkin which was not provided automatically. Similarly, salt and pepper were not provided and had to be asked for. Every time either the yoghurt or tea came without spoons. One morning the waitress forgot two items out of five I ordered. She came back five minutes later to reconfirm but even after this my eggs turned up in a completely different style from the order. Are these big issues? Not. But small details differentiate between top quality and "only" good service. My understanding is that Jade Mountain Resort aspires to be a top resort (also shown by their pricing) and to get there they need to make additional efforts on the service front.

Summary: Would I recommend Jade Mountain Resort? Definitely. The location and view from the hotel are magnificent. The rooms are great with the above "health warnings". Service is good but not exceptional.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything was beautiful. The food was some of the best we've had in the world. We were upgraded to a moon suite which I think we would have preferred to have the sun deck. The only complaint I have is the pool is cold. Other folks we spoke to there were saying the same thing which was disappointing. We like our evening and early morning swims but it was to cold hence the reason we would have liked the sun deck area. The next resort we went to had a heated pool which made all the difference in the world for us. I didn't take away any stars because of it but just wanted to share.

Room Tip: We were in JC4 and it was nice but no sunning area
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!