“Great service but rooms to warm.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jade Mountain Resort

You added Jade Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Jade Mountain Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Anse Chastanet Rd | PO Box 4000, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Soufriere
Midland, Texas
“Great service but rooms to warm.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon. The service was amazing. The food was pretty good but expensive. I would recommend for everyone to get the all inclusive package (which we did). You will spend way less this way. The beach was wonderful and relaxing. I really enjoyed the huts. The only downfall was the walk to the room and the room temperature. They have shuttles to pick you up at the beach and take you to your room that is a great service but not always there when they say they will be. The rooms obviously have no air conditioner because of the infinity pool but I would sacrifice the infinity pool for an air conditioner. It was way too hot for us. The fans were not enough. I would just expect a little more for as much as we paid.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I had such a fabulous time at Jade Mountain resort. The pictures do it no justice, St. Lucia is breathtaking and Nick does a phenomenal job of positioning his guest to be surrounded by its beauty. We had the pleasure of being served by the best Butler team in the world including Keiran (my favorite), Vito and Teddy! We equally enjoyed the cuisine and waitstaff in the Jade club. Specific names include Bentley (and his famous Bentley drink), Kerwin and Ain!

Lastly we had a great experience with our chauffeur Kervin. He knew exactly where to take us on the island to have an enjoyable experience.

If you are thinking about this destination we highly recommend. The the cuisine at Jade is SO DIVINE that we highly recommend the in the all-inclusive plan which covers meals and a vast majority of spirits and adult beverages! Once you taste the freshness of the fish and vegetables tenderness of the meat selection and savoriness of all of the Caribbean offerings you will thank us later. Do yourself a favor and book this once-in-a-lifetime vacation, you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2015
Minerva, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed in JB5 in February. Absolutely amazing and the perfect break from the winter weather in Ohio. I did a lot of research before selecting Jade Mountain and was not disapointed. The sanctuaries and service were outstanding. I was a little concerned about the open room and lack of air conditioning but we were comfortable day and night with the breezes and fans. Also no bugs or little lizards that I thought might be present. The butler service was amazing! We still joke about missing the butler phone. We started with Alain and ended with Fil and both made me feel like family. There are so many professional touches liking checking in and out in your room instead of at a front desk. We wanted to go on a sunset sail on the resort's sailboat. We did not know it was already booked for the day we requested because the resort booked another yacht for us - just as nice as theirs. And the pool in our room was everything I hoped. Because the pools are not heated I was wondering if it would be too cold to use. But it was not too cold and we were able to use it every day. So definitely get a room with a pool.

Kudos to Nick Troubetzkoy for his vision in designing, building and managing this incredible resort!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a pool.
Lakewood, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This review rating is based on the fact that Jade Mountain is a 5+star resort that cost us almost $2400/night with MAP. Shouldn't one expect perfection...?
That being said, the room was absolutely amazing. One can't even imagine how gorgeous the view is. And the pool! The room is to die for, as one would expect. My only issue is that I was very surprised when one of our major domos (butler, you have 3 throughout the day) didn't respond to a message left about making dinner reservations upstairs that evening. (the only electronics is the room's phone to your major domo to fulfill all your needs!) I had to call the next butler on duty to get dinner set up,(they switch at 5pm) and by that time there was only a 9pm opening. Alain went above and beyond and got us in for 7:30 instead.
In addition, we were surprised upon checking in that the butler didn't have the accurate reservation, having amended it several months prior to arriving.
While it is truly gorgeous, and I may be off-base, but truly expected perfection for accommodations of this rating/reputation and price.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed from Feb 8 to Feb 12. We stayed the first night at sister property Anse Chastenet as there was no availability at Jade Mountain that night. I planned this for my wife as a couples trip and was a little nervous wondering if the additional investment in Jade Mountain was worth it. When you see your room for the first time you realize how tremendous these rooms are and the views look just like the pictures. You spend more time in your room than in any other hotel I can remember. Between the views, the pool and the sun deck it is hard to leave. You hardly realize that there are any other guests until you use the restaurants or the beach.

The Butler's provided great service but are not obtrusive. The food was great. The restaurant at Jade was super and the service was tremendous. Dwight was our server on several occasions and he was a pleasure to get to know. The management is very attentive and everyone at the hotel was very personable and helpful.

We ate at Apsara the first night and the food was tremendous. The menu has a large portion devoted to Indian food and I like mine on the less spicy side which still included most of the menu. The dinner and deserts were great.

The beach party on Tuesday night was nice but it was the only meal I found to be average. All the other meals during our 5 day visit were wonderful.

The burgers at the second beach are as good as they say they are. It was the best lunch we had.

The drive in was not that difficult and the last 2 miles were a little bumpy but this resort is worth it. There are a lot of steps as others have said but it helped work off some of the great food and your calves will be in great shape when you return. If you need a shuttle they make them available almost immediately.

Scott runs the scuba center and was very helpful with dives for beginners without certification. First dive off the beach and then a boat dive the next day were wonderful. I went with Errol who I would strongly recommend. The reef off the beach is very nice for scuba or snorkel. The second day boat dive was over near Sugar Beach and it was tremendous. If you do the first dive I highly recommend doing the boat dive the next day. Great snorkeling at the seemingly abandoned pier between the two beaches. The water was nice and very clear. The ocean gets deeper faster then some other islands. The beaches are a darker sand and are not as expansive as Grand Cayman or some other islands but that is a function of nature. Those islands do not have the beauty of the mountains and the Pitons right up to the waters edge. I was quite happy to have the beautiful backdrop and smaller beach versus a flat island with longer beaches.

It is hard to imagine a better setting or resort. Thank you to the Troubetzkoy's for building this amazing place. I am sure there would have been many places to cut corners but everything I experienced at Jade Mountain was done to the highest level.

Room Tip: We were in JB5. It was a great room. As far as I could tell every room was great. As others have sai...
New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

stayed the middle of January to get away from the cold Canadian winter.. our destination St. Lucia.. and Jade Mountain.....What can I say... the place is beyond beautiful...We were greeted with a welcome drink and cool towels... and felt welcomed from moment 1.. our room was large with all the things we might need and then some.... no request was to much.. my husband is a diabetic and the fridge had regular soda.. told the butler of this and done... diet in the fridge in no time at all... I hate the saying "go out of their way to do whatever".. I totally disagree with that statement .. I think that they do what they do... cause they want to... our experience was awesome... and planing on our return as soon as we can...

if you can take the half day or full day sail... do it... so much fun and the crew is of course amazing...we loved it...,,, some people complain that other boats, from other resorts come to snorkel here,,, well that must say someting about how awesome it is.. right... and it is... we took a tour of snorkeling,, went to a place that was between the Pitons... this was also amazing and fun.... but still the snorkeling at the hotel is top notice.... there is also a beach only a short walk away Anse Mamin has all the amenities that the other beach has... restaurant, bar, chair service.. ect..

so relaxing.... the food was amazing... im a picky eater... but... nothing was too much or too little.. all you have to do is ASK.... gee,, how hard is that,,,

everything was amazing... staff.. food..and outside activities were just more than we had hoped for... we travel south every winter... and not often we return to the same place.. BUT our destination from now on will be Jade Mountain/Anse Chastanet will be our vacation destination... oh... we went to the market in town on saturday... such a fun time... not to be missed... so much to see and do... next time more things....

Enjoy and relax.. that is what it is all about.... if you have a problem... for some reason.. cant imagine why... but anything and everything will be taken care of by the amazing staff that seem to enjoy what they do... :)

Regards... any questions are welcomed... :)

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Jade Mountain Resort, on the South West coast of St Lucia, is an unusual hotel in a fabulous setting. The main hotel complex, set on high ground, contains rooms (called sanctuaries) which all are open-fronted and have amazing views of the magnificent pitons. The lack of windows or shutters does mean your have the permanent company of feathered friends. I love birds so their interest in our dining was for me an extra pleasure. Some may find this less entertaining. Our sanctuary called Moon was very spacious with plenty of dining and seating space. It had a large plunge pool and a sun terrace complete with loungers. A few steps up reached the bath/shower area with double basins and loo, all thoughtfully designed, well supplied with Molton Brown lotions and shampoos and many fluffy towels. Towels also are piled beside the plunge pool. The sanctuary is so well arranged and attended by a team of personal butlers that you could stay here the entire time for a truly personalised and private break if that is your desire.

However, there is much to do on the rest of the resort. The beach area offers swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing and, of course, sunbathing. There is a spa by the beach and a bar/grill/ restaurant for anything from liquid refreshment to full blown three-course meals. The beach loungers and grass-roofed sun shelters are serviced by attendants with beach towels etc. There is a tennis court for the very energetic. The considerable distance between the top of Jade Mountain and the beach is covered by a shuttle service. In between those two are numerous guest villas surrounded by trees – this part of the complex goes under the name of Anse Chastenet. All facilities are available to all as far as I can tell although it is wise to book for three of the five or so dining areas to avoid disappointment.

The finest food on site is to be found in the Jade Mountain Club at the very top. Here the cuisine is best although I would have liked a slightly wider menu as the main constituents often were the same (beef, pork, mahi mahi, wahoo [both types of fish], vegetable and prawn or lobster) daily presented in different ways with different accompaniments. I would have liked the occasional chicken/fowl and slightly less emphasis on multiple tastes in any one dish. I do not agree with the chef’s green vegetable presentation – al dente is enjoyable, crunchy is not! The service on the mountain top is superb and sometimes there is an instrumentalist, for example a female saxophonist, playing good music.

Further down the mountain the is a restaurant called Treetops and also on this level a vegetarian place called Emeralds although we understand that both menus can be used in either dining area. Here the service is slower and less attentive but always smiling and friendly. The beach restaurant called the Trou au Diable provides grills straight from an enormous cauldron barbecue. Beside this there is an Indian fusion restaurant called Apsara which we enjoyed. These areas are in the sister resort of Anse Chastenet and the attention to detail is not as acute as it is at the top of the mountain.

There also is Room Service dining which may be chosen from the daily refreshed Jade Mountain menu and which will be brought with acute attention to detail by your personal butler complete with friendly yet professional service.

We joined a morning expedition to the nearby steaming sulphur holes coming from the once active volcano – fascinating. This trip includes a visit to the Botanic Garden where a knowledgeable guide takes you around also showing you the beautiful Diamond Falls after which those who wish can bathe in the mineral waters which are supposed to take years off you! Before returning to the resort we were taken to the Emerald Estate, owned by Jade Mountain, where all produce imaginable is grown and provided for the resort kitchens.

Now some warnings or caveats – the Jade Mountain resort has many staircases and steps and very few signs. The former is fine for those still agile but less so for we who are older and less nimble. Be aware that you will be well exercised simply ambling around the resort. The lack of signs can be irritating and confusing until you learn your way around.

The track between the main road in Soufriere and the hotel is very rutted, uneven, bumpy and uncomfortable. Apparently, the rough state of this is not only reliant on “negligence” by the hotel but also reluctance from other permanent residents who do not wish for an upgrade! Be warned the approach track is not fun to travel.

Finally, we are told that St Lucia is dependent on the tourist industry but the badly organised airport system causing hour-long queues to get from plane through immigration and customs is not tourist-friendly! They need to address this issue.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel itself have amazing views and facilities.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!