“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jade Mountain Resort

You added Jade Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Jade Mountain Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Anse Chastanet Rd | PO Box 4000, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Soufriere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were at Jade Mountain for an evening of cocktails and appetisers to celebrate the night before our son's wedding. Great party, wonderful views, great service. Spectacular sunset and wonderful people giving us an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have just returned from a 10 day break in Paradise.
Our sanctuary (JD2) was simply perfect, with views to die for. The staff were fantastic and very attentive, with only the inconsistent timing of housekeeping visits being an issue.
We elected to dine in the Jade Club each evening and it was hard to fault the service or the food (with the exception of the Thursday evening (4th December) falling short of expectations.
Would we return? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Opt for an infinity pool sanctuary and you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Loughborough, United Kingdom

Just returned after spending 12 nights at jade ... WOW
You walk over your bridge to infinity to enter your sanctuary, we had an open room with infinity pool with an amazing view of the pitons , Caribbean Sea and St Vincent . The bed was so comfortable with luxury linen and pillows, large open bathroom with circular jacuzzi bath and a loo with a view! A phone for your Butler who's on call 24 /7 for anything you want .
You can dine in your room for all meals if you wish, however we chose to dine in the Club for breakfast and dinner, lunch in one of the beach restaurants. The view from the club is so so spectacular for breakfast it really wouldn't matter if they didn't give you any food, however Bloody Mary and eggs Benedict or breakfast of champions ( steak and eggs) didn't go a miss.
Dinner is a taste bud teaser, you tell yourself your not going to indulge too much, but from the daily choice of freshly made breads and flavoured butters to to superb deserts with Chocolate made in the hotel , it all just too good
You can watch the sun go down on the celestial terrace, while sipping cocktails, or round the evening off there with a coffee and brandy looking at the shooting stars.
Having said all that, it is still as with Anse Chasternet the warmth and company of the superb staff that burn brighter than that beautiful sun that shines every day.
A word of warning, don't book to come here, if can't afford to come back,on leaving my partner was working out how long we could stay here for if we sold everything we've got!
See you next year. X

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have been to this incredible resort twice and will be going again in April. I don't think that there is a more perfect place for a vacation. We have gone with my sister in law and her husband and have had so much fun.The staff are so awesome and friendly and we are treated like family . The food and drink ( I love the Coco Loco's) are wonderful.The selection of wine and spirits will please everyone. We found that there were lots of activities to partake in or if you wanted to just relax and enjoy the beach it was okay to not do a thing. The amazing service extended right to the waters edge. We enjoyed our grilled lunches at the beach restaurant . Dinner was just fabulous with a different selection of food every night. It is hard to describe the wonderful atmosphere
The rooms we have had the past two times we have been there have been just spectacular . The view of the Pitons and the ocean from the room was so nice to wake up to. The walkways and design of the resort itself is inspiring, a lot of thought went into its design.I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone. Ken W

Room Tip: The rooms we had were open on one end with an incredible view of the Pitons and the ocean> the ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Have just returned from a wonderful week at Jade Mountain. This was our 3rd visit to Jade Mountain and I can honestly say the each time we return it gets better.

From the time you enter the grounds of Jade Mountain you feel you are in heaven on earth and believe me this feeling stays with you for the duration of your holiday.

Jade Mountain is very special as we got married there last year and returned to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. This time we stayed in the 'Sun' room and words cannot explain how wonderful the room is. I thought 'Moon' was amazing but walking into our 'Sun' room was breath taking!

As always the wonderful staff make you feel so special from the time you arrive until the time you leave.

All restaurants in Anse Chastnet and Jade Mountain are fantastic where the food is amazing. The quality of food in Jade Mountain is more than 5* it is outstanding combined with the views from the restaurant.

I cannot wait to return for the 4th time!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is amazing no matter what room you stay in!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a big travel year for us. On our Caribbean trips, we visited Sugar Beach in St. Lucia, Cayo Espanto in Belize, and Jade Mountain twice. Below you will find 500 lists of Jade Mountain's superlatives. I cannot add anything new to those lists. In my April review of Jade Mountain, I critiqued the critics. So in this review, I am going to be the critic--not to discourage you from visiting, but simply to highlight a few issues that I noticed.

Room

We have stayed in both JE1 and JD1, each twice. I prefer JE1, and my wife prefers JD1. The best takeaway from those conflicting recommendations is they each have their own advantages. JE1 is closer to the dining room, but JD1 has more architectural interest including its own sun deck from which my wife delights in star gazing. It is hard for me to say which one is larger. JE1 has more covered space, but the sun deck in JD1 is huge. Net-net, I think that we have an overall tie.

We stayed in JD1 on this visit. I could not help noticing that some of the furnishings in JD1 are starting to show their age. The sofa on the sun deck is badly stained, to the point that calling it "unsightly" is not unfair. I was initially reluctant to sit on it. However, on closer inspection it appeared simply to be a water stain resulting from the cushion being perpetually wet at that spot. Perhaps some scotch-guard might be a solution. The cushions on two lounge chairs in the room are becoming nappy and look old, tired and dirty.

Food is a highlight at Jade Mountain. However, in my review of Cayo Espanto, I identified it as the "Best Food in the Caribbean." I want to compare and contrast the food at the two resorts. The food at Jade Mountain is more elegant. The chef is more adventurous in his flavor combinations, and artistic in his presentation. The food at Cayo Espanto is more tailored to the guests. Cayo Espanto, being a much smaller resort, enables the chef to personally meet with each guest each afternoon, and he tailors his preparation to each guest's palate.

I do not mean to suggest that Jade Mountain is inflexible in its menu, or that Cayo Espanto is sloppy in the presentation of its dishes. The best I can do to illustrate the contrast is with a pair of anecdotes. I mentioned to the chef at Cayo that I am a chocolate man (to my mind, fruit is to healthy to be a dessert). That evening my dessert was a molten chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream on the side. At Jade, I noticed a cheesecake encrusted in white chocolate on the lunch menu, and I asked if I could have that for my dinner dessert. I was assured that they would set one aside for me. At dinner, I requested the cheesecake. I was served a piece of frozen cheesecake covered in diced fruit--exactly what I was trying to avoid--and because it was frozen, not at all what one imagines when expecting cheesecake.

Food preparation at Jade (with exception of the cheesecake) was uniformly good. My wife was consistently impressed with the flakiness of her fish entrees. By the opposite token, sometimes this more meat and potatoes guy had to stretch my culinary tastes.

Service at Jade can be extraordinary, and it can be a bit spotty. One afternoon we took a boat ride, and encountered three foot swells, resulting in some mal de mer. My wife needed Tums that evening to settle things. The gift shop was out, but suggest that they could probably get some and would deliver them to our room. As we were sitting down to dinner that evening in the restaurant, a young man approach and presented my wife with two rolls of Tums.

On the other hand, a bit of pampering my wife delights-in, is having a bath prepared with a candlelight ambiance. She asked if that could be done as part of the turn down service (at home, I play the butler role and help to prepare her candlelight bath). The first two nights we returned from dinner to find the tub filled and the candles flickering. We expressed our gratitude for this service to our butler. The third night I left a small gratuity next to the tub, as a token of appreciation, but we returned to a darkened room with a dry tub. I suspect that there was a shift change handoff snafu.

Here is another yin and yang having to do with service. A little business matter unexpectedly arose during our visit. I needed to print a document, sign it, and fax it back to the sender. Some formatting issue in the document locked up the guest computer and it would not print. The office staff suggested that we forward the email to them; they printed it; I signed it; they faxed it; and my imagined crisis was averted. However, that same evening, housekeeping was a bit inattentive, and when we returned from dinner, our afternoon snack dishes and cocktail glasses remained strewn about the sitting wall of the pool.

Spa

We each visited the Jade Mountain Spa twice. I have tried to identify something to critique. I cannot think of a thing. They were on time. The therapists were skilled. The facilities were comfortable and complete.

Pictures

Fortunately there are plenty of pictures on this site of the Galaxy Rooms as I neglected to bring my camera, and was only able to take photographs using my antique iPad.

Summary

In my prior reviews I have given Jade Mountain five stars. I debated dropping them to four stars because of the issues that I noted above, and a couple of other minor customer service issues involving unkept commitments. In fairness, however, when somebody fumbled, they bent over backwards to make amends. I debated with myself, for several days before posting this review, whether a ratings drop was necessary. As I have said in other reviews, I try to judge properties by the class of hotel I am evaluating, and I try to guard against grade inflation. Jade is a luxury hotel albeit somewhat remotely located on a small island nation. In my critique of the critics, I was disdainful of those who failed to take into account the logistical challenges of operating a luxury hotel in this environment. But I do not believe that any of the issues which I noted were a function of logistics. Stained and worn seat cushions should be cleaned, or replaced when their useful life is exhausted, whether you are on Park Avenue, or at the end of a one lane mountain road, and cheese cake should not be served frozen and hard, particularly when the request was made five hours in advance. My wife, however, played a trump card. She asked if I wanted to return. When I said, "yes." She then asked if Jade Mountain was not a five, why did I want to return? So it must be a five.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Jade Mountain is a magical creation that blends luxury and elegance into nature in a way that seems almost fictional. Floating walk ways that seem almost suspended in air, lead you to the most surreal suites you could ever imagine. One wall, the one you walk through to enter your suite is all there is. Your covered room is open to ocean and piton views along with the night stars. Your king bed is surrounded by white netting and a lavish infinity pool sits in the middle of your view. Bugs I did not find to be a problem as the rooms are high up on the hill and cool in the evenings, perfect to sleep. I enjoyed falling asleep to the sound of the water flowing from the pools. Mornings were easy to wake around 7 with the morning light. I found that my room served as a small slice of heaven at the end of each day. The diving with Scuba St. Lucia is superb as a PADI 5 star their dive team is very accommodating and knowledgeable. Much of the diving is drift diving, so you need to have good buoyancy and air consumption. I highly recommend this resort and dive operation for a family vacation or honey moon or just a romantic getaway. Our group primarily stayed at Anse Chastanet as kids ag 12 + are allowed their accept for the Kids Sea Camp week, kids age 5+ can join some very well thought out educational scuba and snorkel programs all week, while parents can go dive and enjoy some private time.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a room you would not love! They are lavish, large and the views specta...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!