“Dream Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jade Mountain Resort

Save Saved
You added Jade Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Jade Mountain Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Anse Chastanet Rd | PO Box 4000, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Soufriere
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Dream Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've traveled all over the world and never seen anything like this in our lives. The rooms and the view were breathtaking. To say that the property was magnificent, romantic, or luxurious would be an understatement. We stayed at Jade for the second week of our two week honeymoon.

Your butlers will assist you with nearly anything you can think of. (We miss you already Al!) If you're on your honeymoon, make sure that they know. Our butler made sure we had several nice surprises during our stay. Pay attention when they show you how things work in your room, it will save you from having to call with questions later. The manager's welcome cocktail party at Jade was great - we met a lot of the staff who told us about what Jade has to offer.

We wandered down to Anse Chasnet for dinner two nights. On Tuesday, they have their manager's welcome party. We stayed for dinner and were seated on the beach. It was amazing. After that night, we ate our meals exclusively at the Jade Club or via room service. Make sure you try the "St. Lucian breakfast" at the Jade Club.

We loved snorkeling. We stayed fairly close to the shore and still saw a ton of fish on the reef. Neither of us had snorkeled before, so they sent an instructor into the water with us for about a half hour. The masks, flippers, and instructor were complimentary.

Things to be aware of: the Firefly system you used to contact your butler didn't always work properly. We weren't the only people having problems. It truly wasn't a big issue because there was always someone nearby who could answer a question for you.

Wear bug spray and definitely sleep under the net. I never saw bugs (seriously, not even a single spider) the entire time we were there, but I did get bit by mosquitos.

Our honeymoon was picture perfect. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For our short trip to St. Lucia, my husband and I couldn't decide which Conde Nast Gold List Hotel to stay at (there are four on the island of St. Lucia that made it this year onto the prestigious list), therefore we decided to stay at three of the four (Ladera Resort was closed in September 2014 for renovations). Jade Mountain was the reason why we wanted to venture out to St. Lucia in the first place since we have often read about it's unique architecture in numerous travel magazines. And it definitely did not disappoint.

Food: Exceptional (Best food on the island was no doubt here. Sugar Beach Viceroy's cuisine paled in comparison. Anse Chastenet, the sister resort of Jade Mountain also has very good food)

Room: Life-Changing (but you need to get the suite with the pool! It makes all the difference in the world!)

Service: Outstanding

Spa: Mediocre (If you're a spa person and need pampering everyday, then don't have high expectations. The spa is actually non existent. They just have a masseuse in a room. The ultimate spa experience on the island is the Rainforest Spa at Sugar Beach Viceroy).

All in all, if we had to come back to St. Lucia, the resort we would venture back to is Jade Mountain. Their customer service, cuisine, and the architectural style of the rooms are far superior. The other resorts are a dime a dozen, but there is only one Jade Mountain. A Definite Must for those looking for a different experience.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

"Glamping" refers to "glamorous camping," and that is really what Jade Mountain offers. I am not a lover of camping, at all, but this hotel provided enough comforts and luxuries to make me truly enjoy and savor my first experience of *glamping*...

We took a helicopter in, and so had no problems with the difficult road leading to the hotel. The ride was superb, flawless, gorgeous.

We enjoyed the novelty of having our own personal butler.

The open-air rooms with their personal infinity pools and Pitons views -- and the entire open-air building -- are jawdroppingly stunning. They make for excellent photo posting on your social website of choice. Great bragging rights. And a beautiful, sensual experience to be enjoyed in it's own right. Very romantic.

The climate in the rooms was perfection: the gentle breeze and fans were a million times better than the air conditioning I'm accustomed to in Florida.

And the room was actually amazingly clear of insects for the most part. Candles repel the insects at night, the beds have protective netting, the staff comes into the room to spray it roundly when you leave, and the entire grounds receive a huge dose of pesticides every afternoon. When we first saw the giant grey cloud that looked almost like smoke, we called the butler to ask if something was on fire, and he assured us it was just the daily attack on bugs. I'm sure it's something natural and not too chemical-laden of course? ;)

However, the bug-killing smoke must not rise to the very top of the building, where the wonderful gourmet restaurant resides. While eating dinner outdoors on the third night, I happened to turn away from the view of the Pitons and back toward the restaurant, and saw 4 or 5 palmetto bugs crawling on the exterior wall. Despite hailing from Florida, I am afraid of these large bugs, and it sent a chill of disgust down my spine. We informed the waiter; he kind of shrugged it off, but offered to bring me some insect repellant for myself, which I accepted. I finally managed to shrug it off myself. Everything here is outdoors, and they're serving food, so what can we expect? We told ourselves that roaches outside did not mean that they were present inside or in the kitchens.

Hubby and I actually continued to eat here for every dinner and most lunches, because the food was by far better than in the lower restaurants. Given my fear of bugs, that should say a lot.

The steak tar tar, prepared in front of us with a hen's just-laid egg, was the absolute yummiest thing we've ever eaten. But every meal was delicious. We were pleased we'd chosen the meal plan.

We skipped the beach immediately below the hotel and took a boat ride over to the second beach (which was also easily walkable). Black sand beaches are new to us, and we loved it.

We took a day trip to visit the hotel's farm, a nearby dormant volcano, and some hot springs in a botanical garden. The farm and garden were the best parts. I enjoyed learning about the local flora, and taste testing.

We also had a couples' massage: neither the best nor the worst that I've had. Nice.

Our wifi worked perfectly well in our room, and we caught up on a couple of movies on our laptop in the late evenings.

Service was excellent. The staff even went out of their way to bring us over to a little eatery on the second beach, just before we had to leave for our flight -- getting the chef to open early so that I could try a particular highly recommended sandwich before we had to leave.

• Stayed November 2013
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in 2012 and returned again to it's sister property (Anse Chastenet) in 2014 for a wedding. It is expensive, but definitely worth it as a major splurge for a big occasion. The views are incredible and the food and service outstanding. There is truly nothing like star gazing from a private infinity pool. It is by far the most romantic place we have ever been.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at Jade Mountain. This place is beyond anything I have ever seeing in my life! The place is breathtaking and beautiful. The staff was the nicest and most humble I have ever come across. Our buttlers were outstanding. I cannot stop complementing this place. I tell everyone to come here and I proudly show my pictures. I loved taking the tour to their farm seeing how they grown their own food organically and conciously. We did the Jungle Biking tour, the volcano, we did some snorkeling, I recommend you do it all. I wish I can remember everyone's names :-( This is place is romantic, luxurious, secluded, peaceful. I will surely be back at Jade Mountain.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Troy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the most amazing place on earth. My husband and I travel mostly to the carribean 2x a year. I read the reviews for years dreaming of going to this place. It is not cheap however it was worth every dime. There is no way people could every find anything negative about this place unless they are one of those people that are never happy. The Sanctuaries are an amazing experience. The view of the pitons and ocean was spectacular. We spent a lot of time in our sanctuary. We felt like we were the only people there. The resort was fully booked while we were there however there were times we didn't see any other people. We purchase the all inclusive package which was the way to go. We had them bring breakfast, lunch and dinner to your room including wine and drinks as often as you wish. The food was amazing. If you do not want to stay in your room you have plenty of options. You also are able to utilize the sister resort below. When we did venture out it was so easy. You call your butler and they send a car to drive you to the beach area. If you want to go to the private beach, they call a water taxi for you. You literally to not have to do anything. the amazing staff makes it so easy and comfortable to do what ever you want. My husband and I have been married for 35 years, we walked away from this experience, relaxed and in love. Life changing experience. I hope that I can return some day. Thank you Jade mountain and new family for the most amazing vacation!!

Room Tip: That advantage of the beautiful room with the infinity pool.