“Once-in-a-lifetime trip to St. Lucia & Jade Mountain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jade Mountain Resort

Save Saved
You added Jade Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Jade Mountain Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Anse Chastanet Rd | PO Box 4000, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
SUMMER SANCTUARY
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Soufriere
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Once-in-a-lifetime trip to St. Lucia & Jade Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Simply incredible. The ambiance alone is like nothing I've ever experienced anywhere else in the Caribbean, possibly the world. Be prepared to be completely pampered in the massive, modern, open concept rooms. I also found the dining to be above and beyond expectations - everything from the locally sourced food to the STELLAR staff. Totally top-notch.

Room Tip: If you're already going to go to Jade, don't skimp on the room and upgrade to the ones with...

564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We actually stayed at Jade Mountain in 2010 - but I just started writing reviews on Trip Advisor... it was worth circling back around to say this property was a perfect choice for our honeymoon! It is very romantic, laid back, easy, delicious, private, excellent service.....

I've seen some complaints about the heat. Of course it's hot in St Lucia with no walls! But there is a refreshing infinity pool with amazing views right in your room. At night we were comfortable, and the joy and freedom of sleeping in the open air is awesome.

Our "suite" was huge and really its own villa! We ate in our room many times, and they delivered each corse whenever we were ready.

I would heartily recommend Jade Mountain to all honeymooners who enjoy unique, romantic, secluded experiences. I wouldn't recommend it for families, etc -- to me, that is missing the point and distracting to other guests.

Room Tip: they upgraded us to a wonderful room!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm a travel agent and we went here for part of our honeymoon. Here are my thoughts.

Getting there you have to go up a winding and dirt road, but our driver Elvis (who comes HIGHLY recommended) made it a perfectly enjoyable ride. I sat in the back and didn't feel sick, which is odd for me. Go for the taxi or private transfers. Elvis also stopped along the way so we can get snacks and drinks to keep in our room.

As soon as we pulled in, they were waiting with a cold peppermint towel. (So refreshing) even though the car had A/C and the ride was comfortable. Once we got there, she brought us straight to our room and we checked in there. They took all our departure info so our check out was a breeze. Get the romance package if you can and at least get the MAP meal plan for sure.

THE BUTLER STAFF
Was amazing! They were there for anything we needed. We mostly had Filina and she couldn't do enough for us and was so on top of our every need. So professional! And she left us to ourselves when we didn't need her. We called to get a shuttle to breakfast or the beach and we had it as soon as we walked out. I don't think we waited more then 3 minutes! I didn't feel rushed or intrusive at all. She was wonderful! And then there was John that helped with ice, luggage, etc and he was there for us as well.

ROOM
We had the Moon Sanctuary - JB4. Splurge for the room with the pool. You'll regret it. We were blown away by the natural beauty of the room. The view was breathtaking! The 4th open wall made it feel like we were outside with all the comforts of an upscale hotel. It was a warm 88 degrees during the day, but the 6 fans in the room and the sea breeze made it seem a lot cooler. And the sun doesn't get in the room, so at night, the temperature goes down to about 70 which made it fine. There is a fan right above the bed, so we slept good. The beds were very comfortable!!! And there is a netting around it if you're afraid of bugs. I think we saw a total of 3 mosquitoes the whole time we were there, so if you're afraid of the bugs, don't. You'll get bit more off property. The lights all had yellow bulbs in them which cuts down on bugs. And I'm sure the ceiling fans help with that too. The only thing that came in the room were the birds and we loved that. Just make sure you don't leave food out!

Waking up to the Pitons and the sounds of owls, birds and waterfall sounds from the infinity pool was the most relaxing experience of my life. The room IS the resort. You won't find coconut bowling or ping pong here. This is a true sanctuary. No phones, no TV's just peace and quite. The room had a fridge stocked with drinks, and coffee maker. We did have WiFi in the room which was nice.

The bathroom was all open, no doors here, so make sure comfortable with your spouse! They had a GREAT shower with 7 water spouts open in the middle of the bathroom!! 2 sinks and upgraded amenities. A hot tub with jets and lights that changed color! The rich local wood was so beautiful.

I've heard complaints about how cold the pool was and I didn't think it was cold at all. It was the perfect temperature to cool off. If you want a warm pool, get in the jacuzzi.

FOOD
We did the breakfast buffet and it was the best! A great variety and the food was again, the best.. Also, I would recommending getting breakfast in your room most days, but the buffet was a nice change. For breakfast in your room, you just have to fill out a card and put it in the door the night before. The food again, AMAZING!

Jade Mountain Club - The best!! Every night, we had a different menu, all GOURMET! Again, top shelf all the way from the salad through the dessert. We had Jerrome and Lester as waiters and they were the best. The staff up there is so professional and again, the food there is an event! My husband, the picky eater was amazed. The chef had the menu down pat and such a great variety. The only thing about the restaurant, is we had to climb 116 stairs which was fine for us (made eating the dessert easier knowing we burned off some calories), but for the elderly or handicapped, it may be an issue. I'm not sure, but there may have been an easier way for them. But it was absolutely worth the climb. You will never eat that good anywhere!

MASSAGE
Spring for the in-room massage and ask for Verna. She was amazing! It was the best massage I've ever had and I've had my share! They set up in the room and used essential oils and went over the hour allotted. I melted like butter! My husband had Olga and he had a great massage too. Afterwards, get over to the suppler springs and get a mud bath to further relax your muscles. It's a short taxi ride and your butler will take care of that for you.

THE BEACH
The butler will arrange for you to get the shuttle down to Anse Chastanet Beach. Beautiful and quiet beach with grass huts, plenty of cushioned chairs, wait staff on hand and food nearby. There is a dive shop down there and also water taxi's if you need them. There, they also have catamaran cruises that the butler can arrange. We snorkeled every day down by the surf shop and saw some great fish. It was just a really nice relaxing break in the day. The Caribbean Sea was gorgeous!

TIPPING:
Tipping is expected but was well earned! Bring lots of small bills. $1's $5's and $10's since they will return money in EC (St. Lucian dollars) Also keep in mind the exchange rate.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This is a place you will go to totally unwind and relax like you've never relaxed before! And if you want to get out for the day, there are many beautiful places to see. Jade Mountain is an event, more than a resort. The most romantic place I've ever been! I would highly recommend adding it to your bucket list! We will be back again!

Room Tip: Get a room with an infinity pool!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Without a doubt one of the most stunning hotels I have ever stayed at, the view is breath-taking, you will miss the Pitons when you leave. Waking up to the view is like nothing else.
The architecture is so unique, at nighttime it feels like you are on another planet.
We had alot of massages and they were all amazing, we also did the massage class which we enjoyed too. We did one walk-in scuba dive which was great, the reef just at the bottom of the mountain had a lot of fish and coral and it was nice not to have to get on a boat to travel to a dive-site. We splurged on the Helicopter transfer to and from the hotel and I would do that again, it was worth every penny - seeing the island and rainforest from the sky - WOW. Our butler was always keen to book dinner reservations for us but we preferred to dine in our amazing room with the sounds of nature and water, what could be better? the only super sad part of the stay was that the water in the hotel room balcony pool was much too cold to swim in, if it was heated then this could be the best hotel in the universe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Worth every penny, trip of a lifetime. Take lots of pictures as you will want to reminisce about this trip forever. Beautiful view of the Pitons, amazing food, gorgeous beach, spa on the premises. A lot of exciting activities. THe rooms are unreal, the staff create a romantic atmosphere every night by lighting candles around the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The staff could not have been more accommodating. They seemed genuine in their interest to provide us with the most fantastic vacation. I have traveled all over the Caribbean and stayed in some very luxurious resorts. However, Jade Mountain just topped my list. The all-inclusive package is the only way to go. The food and drinks were unbelievable and by having all-inclusive, prices for individual items were not an issue. The half-day sailing excursion was a must. The volcano tour was interesting and we made some beautiful pictures at the botanical garden/mineral springs. But I would not have paid for it otherwise. If you take this excursion, take money because they do have local souvenir stands throughout this trip. The massage was spectacular, as was the snorkeling excursion. My husband loved scuba diving (I did not try it). We stayed in a Sun Room and the pool blew my mind! The view was breathtaking. Although it did get a little hot at times, there were adequate fans throughout. My only word of warning is be prepared to walk. There are no elevators, just stairs. But the journey up or down is beautiful. I can not wait to return to Jade Mountain!

Room Tip: I would pick a room with a pool. It was spectacular to have our own pool. The view, regardless of ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything everyone says is true - it's fabulous. So I'll stick to details and helpful tips. Jade Mountain specializes in romantic getaways and full service stays. Our butlers - Filina, Al, and Mervin - were great. Nothing was too much trouble, and every request was fulfilled in a friendly, relaxed, and totally professional way. Our room, a Star level room (JB2), was superb. The views of course were stunning, but the comfort and the décor of the room were also great. We chose the Romance package (strongly recommended!) and so enjoyed tours and activities, all meals, massages, a range of restaurants, and best of all, Pina Coladas and fresh fruit platters delivered on request at 4:00 each afternoon. Some of the fruit we fed to the beautiful little birds that come to the terrace and dance around the pool. Not everyone loves the little birdies, but they were a highlight of our visit!

Some tips:
On arrival at Vieux Fort airport, a porter will take you to the Jade Mountain desk, where your driver will meet you. Tipping is expected and each person who helped us thoroughly deserved a tip. Bring lots of cash; you can't get $US there easily. We ran short, and so couldn't tip our fabulous butlers as much as we would have liked. I think US$100 per butler (delivered on the last day of our 5 night stay) is a good figure. We gave our guides, boat skippers, masseuses, and drivers about US$20 each per service.

The drive from the airport to the resort is a bit long and the road is pretty curvy. We were fine, but if you're prone to car sickness, take a pill beforehand. There is a lot to see between Vieux Fort and Soufriere (including some poverty), but the drive is worth it and our drivers were happy to talk to us about St Lucian history, culture, and politics. And it's good to remember that these neighborhoods are where your servers, guides, and butlers live, so we visitors do have a connection to everyday St Lucian life.

Soufriere is gorgeous in a gentle, Caribbean way. Ask your driver to stop briefly on the way in (or back) so you can take some photos of the old colonial architecture and local life.

At Jade Mountain:
Here's our surefire restaurant guide.
Breakfast - the Tree House (at Anse Chastanet - walking distance back down the hill) for the breakfast buffet (everything you could possibly want)
Lunch - the beach (either in the bar or delivered to your beach hut)
Dinner - the Jade Mountain Club (the food and service are AMAZING!)

We tried the Jade Mountain Club for our first breakfast and first lunch, but were much happier with the alternatives for the rest of the trip.

Dress up a bit for dinner at the JM Club. Breezy maxi dresses, fabulous jewelry, and heels for women; long cotton shorts, linen button downs, and leather loafers for men. Go up to the roof bar for a drink before dinner, and watch the sunset over the ocean.

Activities:
If you do the volcano tour, take a bandana with you. I'm pretty tough, but the sulfur smell was even too strong and overwhelming for me. The botanical gardens after the volcano are BEAUTIFUL.

Absolutely have a massage!

Absolutely do the snorkeling trip! I opted to stay on our terrace, but my husband brought back great photos and just loved it, so I regretted not going with him.

Generally ...
Allow some time for things to happen. The service at every aspect of the resort is superb, but it's not as lighting fast as we're used to in the US. Relax. You're going to miss this place when you leave, so soak up every gorgeous minute.

Room Tip: The Star room was perfect. Go higher if you want, but our pool was plenty big enough.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!