“Honeymoon in St. Lucia Pt 2” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jade Mountain Resort

Save Saved
You added Jade Mountain Resort to your Saves list
Jade Mountain Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Anse Chastanet Rd | PO Box 4000, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
SUMMER SANCTUARY
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Soufriere
“Honeymoon in St. Lucia Pt 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We spent the last 5 nights of our honeymoon here at Jade Mountain in one of their Star Sanctuaries. I have never done anything quite so extravagant before, but I figured that this was our honeymoon so might as well start our marriage off with a bang. This place definitely blew us away with its beauty.

The staff here were awesome, the views spectacular, and the food was truly delicious. The beaches here were amazing. Never been to a black sand beach before, so this was a pleasant surprise. The service on the beach was AWESOME! Never so easy to get food or a drink without running all over the place. The water was so clear and warm and wonderful. We went snorkeling there a couple times at the Anse Chastnet beach and again at the Anse Mamim beach. Beautiful water.

The food at all the restaurants were great but the Jade Club at the top of Jade Mountain was the best. The food was always so fresh and flavorful. I can't say enough good things about the staff there. They were all so great! I highly recommend this place. Once you arrive you'll realize that every other place you stay will be a disappointment when compared to Jade Mountain.

Room Tip: The Star Sanctuaries are awesome! Get one if you can afford it. If you can do more than by all mea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
NORTH alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went in April of 2013. It was for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was the luxury honeymoon that we never had. (Broke college students drove to the mountains for a few nights 20 years ago!)
I am cheap! I am really into the value of things. we tend to stay in older condos that are cheaper when we travel... I was worried that once we arrived..the cost of the place may hit me like a ton of bricks and I would feel it wasn't worth it... That NEVER crossed my mind.
Definitely stay in one with the plunge pool. It was just an enchanting experience, relaxing in that pool with that INCREDIBLE view!! (Hint: we stayed in Marigot Bay for 5 nights in simpler accommodations and then drove across the island for our last few nights at Jade!!! I would recommend doing this.) AND - The tree house restaurant at Anse Chastanet was every bit as good as the rooftop restaurant at Jade.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon after spending a week in Antigua for our wedding. Even though we looked at all the pictures online our jaws dropped when we finally arrived. Jade Mountain is an architectural masterpiece with pillars, bridges and stairs all leading somewhere but makes you feel like you are in a labyrinth. We absolutely loved it, and the rustiness of the natural materials blended with the top notch food, butler service, high end spa and gorgeous restaurant at the top with stunning views was just perfect for us. You have to remember that you are on a mountain and getting there was not an easy ride (I highly recommend the helicopter) and there's a lot of stairs to climb but that's what adds to the mystique of the place. The story behind Jade Mountain is fascinating and I also recommend attending the orientation when you first get there.
Getting to and from the beach was a workout, especially going up. My husband and I are in great shape and it was still tough so either you are gonna love that or hate that but we looked at it as a way too burn calories. A lot of people used the shuttle service so that seemed to work as a great option.

Rooms: we stayed in JA1 and wouldn't trade it for any other room. It is a sun suite which means you get the sunset, it's on the first floor close to everything; gym, spa, concierge, beach, however not as great view as a galaxy suite would provide. We toured a few other rooms to see what our options would be if we came back but we would be happy staying there again even though it was on the lowest floor. I would not go to Jade and stay in a room without a pool. It's the room with the pool that is the unique part about the whole place. We would spend the day on the beach and then go back to our sanctuary, call our butler, have him deliver wine and small plates of cheese, ceviche, fruit etc and then hang out in the pool and watch the sunset before getting ready for dinner. Pure heaven!!

Food: Amazing! Everything at Jade was phenomenal and we also took a tour to their garden to see where their vegetables came from. All local, organic and fresh! We also ate at Anse Chastnette and the food was just a great there. Room service was also 5 star both food and delivery. Also, they make fresh chocolate from scratch at the hotel and every day they leave a few pieces in your fridge along with a snack box. Loved that extra touch.

I recommend the all inclusive plan, well worth it.

Beach: gorgeous, black sand, great beach restaurant, put out your umbrella and they come right over and bring whatever you want.

Spa: I had a massage with Filippa and it was the absolute best massage I ever had.

I could go on and on about this place, how friendly the staff is, the manager Al is great, the architecture, the views etc. When it was time to leave we truly did not want to go and we haven't stopped talking about it since we got back. It's hard to see how some reviewers were not happy here but it is a unique place so if you're not into luxury blended with rustiness then do your research carefully first so you know what to expect. I you love The Ritz Carlton in Cayman Islands then this probably isn't the place for you.
We hope to come back some day soon.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We celebrated our 1 year anniversary at Jade and I'm almost positive it's a vacation we will never be able to top. From reception until our departure, everyone was so accommodating and the service was truly something I have never even been told about. Neither one of us are really outdoorsy types so the whole "glamping" thing some people describe it as kind of made me nervous. If I had to pick a downside about it, all it would be is the birds do come in bright and early so there was no sleeping in but that was fine b/c we sleep too much anyway. St Lucia is the definition of a tropical vacation. We've been to pretty beaches with wonderful views but the scenery here is indescribable. We went in March. Showers were a little cold but the weather was perfect! I would suggest going with the all inclusive package, if you can, b/c meals will add up fast. We had the Total Romance package which includes some activities, otherwise, I would not have been surprised if we would have stayed in the room until it was time to head back to the airport. There is just not enough time in the day to list all of the wonderful things about this place!We will be back someday!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my second time to Jade Mountain and I will absolutely be back again! After a short helicopter ride to the resort from the airport (which was a great way to start our holiday!) we were greeted by friendly faces welcoming us & brought directly to our gorgeous sanctuary. As I mentioned, this was my second time to Jade and I was still in awe over the beautiful sanctuary and incredible views! The architecture of Jade Mountain is so incredible and unique.

We loved dining at the Jade Mountain Club but also tried all of the restaurants at Anse Chastanet - they are all fantastic...food & service were incredible.

Jade is the perfect setting for a relaxing holiday but if you need some activity, there are lots of options right at the resort. The snorkeling is incredible at Jade - within seconds, you are looking at an array of interesting fish. We also enjoyed a bike tour with 'Bike Tyson' - it was great to get some exercise and learn a few things about St.Lucia and the area along the way.

Lastly - the staff at Jade are so wonderful. I have never been to a resort where 'everyone' is so pleasant, friendly and happy to assist in any way they can. I often find at other resorts, you run into some friendly and helpful staff but at Jade, everyone is fantastic - everyone is genuinely happy and delighted to assist you.

I cannot say enough about Jade - absolute paradise! I will definitely go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We only stayed one night as we wanted to get a sense of the place vs AC and Sugar Beach (see my other review/s) ...

The view of the Piton was great, the overall welcome and Butler was also very good. I'd say the interior was a bit dated and tired, but we had the cheapest room and if the whole experience had been great, then it wouldn't have mattered.

But we are talking top drawer here so our dinner experience just shouldn't be possible. We had a poor quality and over-cooked steak which, okay, can happen anywhere, but the rest of the food was hardly brilliant either. How it was handled was terrible. The main problem was that we could not get a restaurant booking before 9 and then we were left as the only table by 11 with two churlish and clearly anxious-to-leave waiters (seriously, at this price!?) and no management anywhere When I mentioned all this to the duty manager the next day) , she said she was in the resort (again, seriously!) - and should have been called.

The staff did try hard to resolve the whole issue, but all they seemed to have a standard offer of " a spa-treatment ". Breakfast by the way was also uninspiring - certainly compared to SB - , but we stuck with our accumulated 3 massages having only managed one of them. To be fair though, at this point we had spiralled out of love with the place and there wasn't much that could save it.

If this was a "normal" high-end hotel, I would have given 3 stars, but it's not and nor does it purport to be. I couldn't absolutely say don't go there, but it was disappointing for us, and I hope all others get the better experience they pay for and expect.

Room Tip: Although we were on a budget - I'd pay to get a room with a pool. Decor looked better from the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Jade Mountain was definitely a disappointment.
After arriving in St Lucia my partner and I were transferred by taxi to our first of two hotels in which we were staying, Ladera. I was in awe of the view from the very beginning of our experience at this hotel, the room was incredible with a pool and swing overlooking the pitons with sun over the heated pool from morning until sunset. In comparison, my arrival to Jade Mountain four days later was a bumpy one. I then had to sit waiting for my room, which I got over as Jade Mountain was the much anticipated grand finale to our trip, as it should be with that price. But once shown to our Star Sanctuary room 3 hours later I was more than disappointed. A cold pool in a room which has no sun and I have to stretch to see the pitons. I have a forest view. I imagined waking up stretching in bed and seeing the Pitons as I did in Ladera, this is not the case here in Jade Mountain. What a massive disappointment. I do not mind paying for quality but as far as Jade Mountain is concerned I wish I'd saved my money and stayed in the beautiful room in Ladera where I could chill and get a tan and stay in my heated pool romantically watching sunset just my partner and I. Instead I am in the shade in a cold pool stretching to see the pitons, with no chance of viewing sunset.
The internet connection is very poor so if like myself you need it for work you have major issues. There was a definite mosquito issue in our room as I have been in the Caribbean for two weeks and have not been bit once until my first night in Jade Mountain, my partner and I are suffering from multiple bites from one night! Why is this issue not dealt with during the turn down service? Management offered me a free upgrade the following day to try to rectify our inconveniences, however they proceeded to show us the same grade of room lying that they were the upgrade. I understand the hotel is busy but this was just unnecessary.
Therefore, my final recommendation would be to stay in Ladera, upgrade to a better room and still save the money of a standard room in Jade Mountain, which I imagine is even worse. Perhaps come to Jade Mountain for some drinks at sunset but avoid eating here, go elsewhere perhaps Orlando's or Ladera as the food along with everything else about Jade Mountain is completely underwhelming, we ate 4 courses hoping it was just our bad choice but between us we consumed 8 dishes non of which lived up to the standard of the Ladera restaurant or Orlando's.
I am not saying that this is a bad hotel, far from it the hotel is clean and well staffed with plenty of friendly, helpful people. It is a nice hotel. But for the price I was just expecting more, I feel there are better hotels for the money. I do wish I had stayed the entirety of my holiday in St Lucia in the Ladera hotel and avoided ending my holiday with the disappointments of Jade Mountain.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!