Just finished a 4 night stay at Fond Doux. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The cottages were awesome. We were in hilltop papaya with a plunge pool and the outdoor shower. Very romantic and quaint. The hotel pool was also very nice. However the communication at the hotel was a bit lacking. We were invited to a Caribbean meet and greet followed by a buffet and and dancing. No pries were mentioned in the letter delivered to our door. And upon discussions with other guests we came to the conclusion that it was included. Most guests did all inclusive but we didn't. Even if we had to pay it was fine. But when we checked out we were shocked to see a charge for over 150$ US! For what we were served that was ridiculous. All they had to do was put a note in the letter indicating the price, and we would've eaten somewhere else. Also the excursions were very overpriced and included very little. We had stayed in Rodney bay previous to here and found the prices reasonable but because its more remote at fond Doux they seemed to really go for all you had. Our advice would be to try and get a good driver from the airport and use them while touring around the island. Our driver said he would charge 20$ an hour and even with entrance fees we cildve saved quite a bit. Overall the hotel is very nice but watch your wallet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, Splendia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere