Ever wanted time to just slow down so you can treat yourself and immerse all your senses in the nature and silence around? In that case Fond Doux is just what you might be looking for! This was our first trip to St Lucia and fell completely in love with the place.
Airport transport (about $70 for 2 people one way) : Getting through customs was for the most part pretty painless and we got through in about 20 minutes (despite three flights coming in at almost the same time).Before arriving we had arranged airport transportation with Fond Doux which was very convenient. The trip from the UVF to Fond Doux took about 45 minutes as our driver Happiness made a few pit stops at some of the smaller fishing villages on the way.
Check In: As soon as we walked into the office to check in i was blown away by the fact that everyone already knew our names and everyone greeted us like we were long lost friends (you just do not see service like this anymore!! that alone is reason enough for me to return next year!). Also the punch they give you when you first arrive is simply divine!
Room: We stayed at the Hilltop Coconut and the room is just delightful, we certainly underestimated how high the climb to the room is! The view from the room is unbeatable but the climb is something to definitely keep in mind as it is a bit strenuous especially if you do it a few times a day. We left the doors open to keep the room cool which is quite pleasant and in hindsight i would bring a clothespin to hold the ends of the mosquito net together at night and also bring a lot more bug spray (being in the rain forest and all).
Food and Drinks: We did the all inclusive package which i would definitely recommend. There are two restaurants on site (one for breakfast and lunch and one for dinner) and one main bar at the dinner restaurant. We did not stay most days for lunch but i understand they have tour groups in from other hotels who typically eat at the lunch buffet from 12-3. There aren't very many options at dinner but the catch of the day and the Chefs Specials kept us very happy. I also loved the fact that the bartenders made the drinks very meticulously and hit a home run every time; the Piton Punch is delicious!
Spa: We got a couples Swedish massage which was wonderful and very relaxing. i would definitely recommend that since it is probably one of the most thorough massages i have ever had.
Excursions: There is a free shuttle to Jalousie Beach every morning at 10 and is probably one of the best ways to get around (i was too chicken to drive on the narrow windy roads). Fond Doux also arranges transportation for wherever you my want to go (I loved how the limited number of accommodations here allow a much more personalized experience). Jalousie has wonderful snorkeling and if you are able to bring your snorkel gear with you it will save you a lot of money. You can also ask Randoph (ask anyone at the beach everyone knows him) to provide you with a water taxi from Jalousie to Anse Chastanet- best view of the pitons from the water and also cheaper than ground transportation ($20 per person round-trip from Sugar beach) ! Anse Chastanet has great snorkeling too but if you want to relax and have the best burger of your life, veer off the resort beach and follow the road to Anse Mamin (just a 10 minute walk) but feels like a completely private beach!
Fond Doux is a true gem and completely out of the ordinary; my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fond Doux Plantation House and Cottages are designed to give guests the option to be as connected or sequestered in nature’s embrace as desired. The tropical setting at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation at once relaxes, enveloping you in completely natural surroundings with the unobtrusive convenience of modern amenities, attentive professional staff trained in tropical hospitality, and access to a host of convenient services. Step out of your plantation cottage or suite and into the healing arms of nature in this tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fond Doux Holiday Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation St. Lucia/Soufriere