Where to start...the plantation is so quant and quite. We loved everything about it. My husband purchased a living social deal for a five night stay with all meals and drinks included. I felt like it was such a great deal that we were some how ripping them off. I would definitely recommend All Inclusive! The staff was beyond wonderful and friendly and helpful. The rum punch drinks at dinner were so delicious. The cocoa tea for breakfast is a must try. The buffet lunches are delicious! The lobster dinner fantastic! There are friendly cats and a dog that roam the property. One cat made it's self at home on our porch! We stayed in the Hill top Guava room. Such a wonderful private room and view. Be prepared for the hike. We are fairly in shape and the hike will take your breath away. But worth it in my mind. The property is not only a cocoa plantation, but they have lots of fruits, and even supply you with a fresh fruit basket and allow you to pick all the fruit you would like. Make sure to take a tour and learn how they make chocolate from the cocoa pods. The owners are always around and are very friendly. They do offer a van that can take you to near by beaches since the property is not on the beach. Or they will arrange a car rental for you. I cannot say enough great things about Fond Doux.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere