I planned a trip to Fond Doux for my boyfriend’s 30th birthday. From the moment we booked our trip, the staff at Fond Doux was so helpful in answering my millions of questions. When we arrived we were greeted with welcome drinks (the rum punch is superb!) and our bags taken up to our room. We stayed in the Hillside Guava which was beautiful but not the same room as advertised on the website. It didn’t matter to us. The sounds at night helped us get the best night’s sleep we’ve had in a long time.
While we were in St Lucia we hiked the Gros Piton, got a mud bath, saw the volcano, sun bathed on Sugar Beach, went snorkling and drove to the Castries Market. We had a wonderful experience with each activity. The walking and hiking trails on the plantation are also worth venturing on. The best trail on the plantation was the short trail that leads you behind the property to a beautiful view of the Pitons. We made this short hike at sunset and got wonderful pictures of the Pitons and the water below as the sun drifted out of sight. Also be sure to take advantage of the plantation tour. We learned so much and were shocked at the variety of plant life that calls the plantation home.
What we looked forward to the most at the end of each day was dinner. The food was amazing! The menu was different every evening but the outstanding quality was always the same. My boyfriend loves to cook and asked for some recipes and was given a very detailed list of his favorites. They also set up a private candle-lit birthday dinner for us and the owner presented us with a bottle of champagne. So thoughtful and much appreciated! Some of our favorite staff members were Jarrett, Kendall and Katrina. You guys are missed!!! Oh and we can't forget about our buddy Socks the cat.
We would recommend this resort to everyone who enjoys the outdoors, wonderful food and wonderful company!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fond Doux Plantation House and Cottages are designed to give guests the option to be as connected or sequestered in nature’s embrace as desired. The tropical setting at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation at once relaxes, enveloping you in completely natural surroundings with the unobtrusive convenience of modern amenities, attentive professional staff trained in tropical hospitality, and access to a host of convenient services. Step out of your plantation cottage or suite and into the healing arms of nature in this tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Fond Doux Holiday Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation St. Lucia/Soufriere