My husband and I booked our trip to Fond Doux via Groupon. I did a lot of researching before booking and read mostly great reviews, but some concerns...
First: The hospitality on the plantation and the entire island amazed us. Everyone was SO nice and truly cared about your vacation. Especially, "Happiness" our great driver to and from beaches and restaurants and Katirina (hope I spelled that right) who called and made all of our reservations and any other little thing we needed for our room etc... We were very impressed!
Our Room: Besides being put into a different cottage that we signed up for everything was PERFECT! I did not expect the room to be as nice as it was. We signed up for "Hilltop Guava" and were put into "Hilltop Coconut". They were pretty much identical so it wasn't a big deal, but if we were put into a different lower cottage we would have been disappointed. Another thing people complained about that we were nervous for was the "climb" up to the hilltop cottages. Yes, we were panting at the top every time, but mostly laughing cause it showed how out of shape we were. It was 42 steps up, if you are under 40 years old you should have NO problem... unless youre realllly out of shape. The view and privacy were definitely worth it.
Food: The only thing we were disappointed in, only because I called ahead to ensure there was a vegetarian menu for my husband and when we got there we found out there wasn't. The chef was nice enough to create some stuff for us, but my husband didn't want to eat the same pasta dish every night. He wanted options too so we spent most of our meals out which included restaurant "Dasheene" at Hotel Ladera and "Boucon" at Hotel Chocolat. Our experiences at these restaurants were def. highlights of our trip along with the Sulfur Mud baths where we went through "Rainforest Spa" Sugar Beach's spa package "Sulfur Seduction". (best $374 we've ever spent:))
Bug Noises: The other complaint we read about was the noises from the outside jungle. We both really enjoyed it! I wouldn't have been able to sleep without it. We thought the nature noises were very relaxing. I am a person who has to sleep with a fan on so I loved a little background noise.
We had an amazing time in St. Lucia. Fond Doux Holiday Plantation was in the perfect location, had amazinnng service, views and was very clean! We enjoyed hanging by the pool after our beach days. One thing I would add is a hot tub, the nights get chilly and it would have been nice. Our honeymoon was so romantic and rejuvenating! Thank you Fond Foux:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fond Doux Plantation House and Cottages are designed to give guests the option to be as connected or sequestered in nature’s embrace as desired. The tropical setting at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation at once relaxes, enveloping you in completely natural surroundings with the unobtrusive convenience of modern amenities, attentive professional staff trained in tropical hospitality, and access to a host of convenient services. Step out of your plantation cottage or suite and into the healing arms of nature in this tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fond Doux Holiday Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation St. Lucia/Soufriere