“Delightful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soufriere
Crystals
Save Saved
You added Crystals to your Saves list
Columbette, Soufriere, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Soufriere
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

just had 10 delightful nights at Crystals with our fine hosts, Martin and Monica.

Can't thank them enough for their hospitality and wonderful establishment.

The views are amazing, the breakfasts out of this world and the peace and tranquility is undescribable.

I can only say that if you have not been to Crystals then why not ? if you want peace and quiet, good company in the evenings, fine food on Monicas dinner night and somewhere lovely to stay, stay here- this place knocks spots off the other fancy hotels in the area. - Crystals is a natural with lovely owners to look after you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and amazing x
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles3, Front Office Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I would like to thank you for you flattering compliments. We do try our uttermost best to surpass the expectations of all our guests in every single aspect of Crystals from our rooms, to our unique decor, customer service and our freshly prepared food.

I am quite pleased to know that your indulgence in our island and culture has made you contented and the memories of St. Lucia (and of course our rum punches) live on vividly . It was indeed a pleasure having you. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have had a very unique experience when visiting the crystal hotel, Monica and Martin were very friendly and went through great lengths to make every day memorable. I stayed in the mango room which was breath taking. This hotel is very Eco friendly and I loved how they incorporated nature to create objects such as the rock walls and rock showers etc.The entertainment and food was at its highest standards and plenty of variety was given. I would highly recommend you give crystal a try when visiting st.Lucia. Thank you everyone see you all next year xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I have been to St lucia three times and refuse to stay anywhere else. the owners Monica and Martin have definitely become friends; such gracious and entertaining hosts. The property is amazing and a must-visit for all nature loving people who appreciate stunning views.

The rooms are all cleverly constructed works of art. i guarantee you'll have an album full of photos.

See you next year CRYSTALS!!!

Room Tip: they're all amazing! Mango and Papaya: favorites for sure.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles3, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
The pleasure was all ours to have you back here with us at Crystals and thank you for the kind review .

Being a small property we get to know all our Guests so unlike a large property who have endless Guests who send in reviews , we know each Guest by name and value each comment made and try our best to make each visit a special one, to the point we so have rather a lot of wonderful repeat Guests like you, this is a real pleasure.

We have just upgraded again Mango and Papaya so it was rather fortunate you managed to stay a few night in both.

We hope to have our gardens completed and opened by your next visit!

I wish you both well and I hope to see you in 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

stayed here a few years ago and said we would return one day.
a pleasure to be back, small property great service amazing views awesome hosts, great food and staff,and what we like most is it is different.

Room Tip: mango we love great views and very large good pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles3, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Ramsey and Jill
I would like to thank you for your very kind review and appreciate that you took the time to send in a review as I know that once back at work you have very little time.
I wish you both well and hope you will return for another visit with us soon at Crystals
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Crystals was the perfect choice for our honeymoon. The resort was beautiful and unique and the location was magnificent. Martin and Monica and their staff made our stay absolutely perfect! Not to mention that the price was great for how we were treated and the magnificent breakfast and the private pool and the gorgeous, large rooms We loved being in the town of Soufriere. It had a very local feel. In fact, we mostly ate in local places and were met with great food at reasonable prices. I would absolutely recommend St. Lucia, Soufriere, and Crystals to anyone whether traveling solo, as a family, or as a couple!

Charles3, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank You for taking your time to write a review. Also for the lovely photos.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so we try to make it special, something that would leave you overly satisfied. With that in mind we put together this mix of local fruits , pastries, eggs and other delicacy's.

Soufriere is the heart of St.Lucia, blessed with god given beauty and a homey feel. I am quite pleased to know that your indulgence in our island and culture has made you contented

We do hope you come visit us again.
Blessing to you both
Monica & Martin
Milford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I never write reviews, but I think everyone should know about this hidden gem in St. Lucia. First of all Monica and Martin are excellent hosts and are great fun to visit. We stayed at the Papaya cottage which was very spacious, nicely decorated and with incredible views. The cottages are around 1800 feet above sea level and even in June it stays at a nice climate with a great breeze. We had our own private plunge pool, hammock and lounge chairs. The cottages are about 5-7 min. drive from Soufriere. The Soufriere area is the most picturesque part of the island. Don't let the dirt road scare you away, it is only to keep this place a secret. It is on the edge of the rainforest with naturally growing mango trees, coconut, plantain and banana trees on the property.
Our trip began with Benny (Monica recommended for jeep rental) picking us up at the airport and driving us to Crystals, where our car was waiting. I found it greatly advantageous to rent a car, as it is very easy to drive around the area (even on the other side of the road for us Americans). There was champagne in the refrigerator and we picked up some Piton beer on the way up. Every night (excluding Sun.) there is a great happy hour from 6-7:30 with dinners a couple times a week. There are other great restaurants nearby, but I would hit Monica's dinner (She's a great cook with everything grown on the property). We found the other guests to be great fun to be with and always enjoyed Martin's musical talent. Monica set up our scuba diving ahead of time, gave great recommendations on things to do and see and even set up a day sailing trip for the 8 of us staying there with only 1 days notice. By the way we didn't know anyone ahead of time, but the anther guests were very nice and fun to be with. We did everything from mud baths, hiking Gros Piton, sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving and just hanging out with a drink on the deck. It doesn't get any better in my opinion.
My wife and I stayed at Crystals for 5 nights and the Windjammer for 2 nights. It was nice to relax by the beach for a couple days at the Windjammer, but you definitely need to check out Crystals for the majority of your trip. Monica and Martin, thank you for making our trip awesome. You have the most unique, beautiful and romantic accommodations around. We look forward to coming back again!

Rob and Jill

Room Tip: For couples you can't beat Papaya and the Calabash
, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write in a review.(love the photos, Hazel but of course She would get in a photo)
It is wonderful that you understand our concept here at Crystals, not wanting to be like any other property so no visual sign post , hidden away up a winding bumpy road amongst an abundance of trees and flowers.
Of course urging potential Guests to let us arrange a taxi or Jeep rental for them(we as you know get the best rates for our Guests anyway) plus all our drivers have 4x4.
At last Martin has finished the new office, just paint left to go on and hope to have the opening in a couple of weeks..........yippee more champagne to consume
The newly constructed bathroom for Mango should be finished in a couple of weeks as stone work takes for ever plus all the stops for eating all the ripe mangos on the tree out side the door!
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us here and will return soon , it will be a real pleasure to see you back.
Blessing to you both
Martin, Monica and all the staff at Crystals
Keego Harbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Seriously, I have never given an online review before but I wanted to make sure to strongly recommend staying at the Crystals to anyone who might be thinking about it!

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Crystals! Our stay in the Calabash room was the highlight of our honeymoon! The Hospitality of Monica and Charles is fantastic! I will never forget how great breakfast, occasional dinners and the famous cocktail hours were! Not to mention the breathtaking rooms, furniture and views!

If you love something different & adventurous but still elegant and plush then stay here! There is no better value in St. Lucia!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! Each one is unique!
, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I would like to than you for the very kind review and am happy to hear you had a wonderful honeymoon.
I hope you will come back and visit us again soon perhaps for an anniversary visit !
Blessings to you both and again thank you
Martin & Monica

Been to Crystals? Share your experiences!