“Great meal and view” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great meal and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were not staying here but our butler at Sugar Beach suggested going early for dinner and the view. We were the first to arrive at 6:30 and the waiters were so friendly. They let us pick the table we wanted and took several pictures of us with the Pitons in the background. I believe our waiter was Lester and he was great. We had other friendly waiters bring us bread and refills as well. We both ordered fish and it was delicious. I think it was wahoo but I can't remember. The bread was also very good as we're the desserts. We had a great bottle of wine that our waiter suggested. It was a very nice experience and I would definitely go back when I visit St. Lucia again.

Visited April 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best food in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went to Jade and it was excellent. Service, quality and atmosphere can not be beaten! Make the trip and you will be glad you did.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poole, United Kingdom
“No bang for your buck !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I will start off with the good stuff, view fantastic, open plan living was an experience, I enjoyed the cold plunge pool and the fact that you could wander round naked in your room. I found the architecture stunning, very impact-full although possibly jarring for some.Restaurant very good although either quiet or dominated by highly verbal guests, service very good.I liked the dive centre at Anse Chastenet, very well run, very professional, good kit, beautiful staff.
Spa very good , staff very capable and pleasant ( I only used the one one the beach, I didn't realise there was one at Jade).
I found the resort quite anonymous I would personally replace the butlers with a touch screen computer system. The butlers were impersonal, on the odd occasions we used them and they responded,I felt as if I was inconveniencing them, we asked for extra water and tea which wasn't replenished when it was used up, presumably so we could tip them again following the repeat order ?? I felt as if I was visiting a friends house while they were out, I was somehow missed and in the wrong place.
A disaster was everted when luckily our cab driver checked which airport we were going to, the butler had told him the wrong one !!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Dinner in St. Lucia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner at Jade Mountain! When we first called, we could not get a reservation because they said they were full but agreed to put us on their wait list. Then the conceirge for our villa called and we got a 6:30 reservation. (Interestingly, the restaurant was never full when we were there for over 2 hours.) The road to Jade is a bit bumpy but worth the effort. We arrived as the sun was setting and the view was stunning! From the water and below this hotel does not look that interesting but when you get up there it is amazing! The food was innovative and every morsel was delicious. It was $85 per person for four courses. The menu appears to change daily. That night the island fish cakes and beef curry for starters were both delicious. Then we tried the pear salad and bloody Mary salad. Both were good but the pear salad was the best. For entrees we tried the dorado and the NY strip. We didn't leave a bite on our plates! For dessert we had the bananna split, tiramisu, and the chocolate fondant (a molten chocolate cake). No bite was left on the plate but the bananna split and chocolate cake were the favorites. It was a splurge but definitely one worth taking!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Cuisine as superb as the view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The fresh fish is often exotic and the preparation of the vegetables and fruits from their own organic farm is excellent. If you purchase an all-in plan, all mixed drinks are included, both here and on the beach and at the other restaurants of the resort. However wine is limited to a few decent reds and whites.

Visited January 2013