“Lovely Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The non-casual dress-code already sets the scene. We had a very enjoyable dinner, and have to say it was a beautiful setting, on the terrace of this colonial house with the view of the piton bay. The crab salad was nice, my girlfriends bisque was really tasty. The chorizo encrusted sea bream was not their strongest dish! The scallops and langoustine duo was delicious... Unfortunately the jet lag got the better of us and we couldnt make desert... Definitely romantic!

Visited May 2014

“Enjoyable dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very enjoyable dinner. The food is as expected for a fine dining restaurant, and the ambiance is lovely.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, England
“Leisurely and relaxed dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I lost count but I think it was three times we ate here and enjoyed each occasion.As one of only two restaurants on site it had to be good - and it was! I was, however, grateful we were not on full board or all inclusive for I think we would have become a little jaded with a menu which, by nature, is not long, but always with fresh local foods.The service matched the quality of the kitchen, professional, unhurried and polite with excellent amuse bouche and a fine selection of in house breads. Naturally in a five star hotel it is expensive along with the wines but you get what you pay for and we were more than satisfied on all three visits and the view from the terrace was exactly what you would have expected in an old sugar plantation, resplendent with mature foliage and, of course, that incredible view. That,sir, is what you pay for!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Milford, New Jersey
“An Enjoyable (but pricey) Lunch on the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Yeah, the prices were a touch high, but nothing shocking. After all, this place is right on the beach and part of one of the priciest resorts in the area. Service was very classy and efficient. The food was excellent. Portions weren't huge, but who wants left-overs when you're planning on spending the day roasting on the beach? The drinks were great. I'd recommend the watermelon mojito.

Visited December 2013
jackson MS
“Good Food, Expensive, Spotty Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I hosted a group of twenty people here from March 4th_March 9th, 2014. We dined on the terrace of the Great Room on March 4th. The waiter promptly asked which type water we wanted and we were served complimentary appetizers & the water was served accordingly. We asked to see a cocktail menus and the wine menu. When I was handed the cocktail menu (he only brought one), I asked the waiter to let my guests select theirs first. He said "Of course sir, but what would you like?" Since I'd barely had time to glance at it I ordered some type of "Honey Martini....which was horrid). As I opened the wine menu, a man startled me by approaching me from behind and nearly putting his face cheek to cheek with me; asking if I needed help. He never introduced himself or his role at the restaurant, so I presume he was the Sommelier. I told him I had just opened the list, but wanted a good Malbec & Pino Grigo.He was either confused or kept trying to up-sell me on the Pino. Anyway, wine ordered, all is well & my cocktail arrives, when I discover that none of my guests had been asked if they wanted a cocktail. So, they placed their cocktail orders (still passing around one menu) and as a result, the cocktails and the wine arrived at the same time. Whether by design or not, I'll never know, but the Food Service Was Exceedingly Slow. Copious amounts of wine and bread were consumed before the food finally arrived. The entrees were cooked properly, they were hot and the presentation was good. Oddly, I ordered Sea Bass, but received halibut, which was very good. Another guest who had order the halibut, remarked that the sea bass was good also. We were never presented with any desert options, although we learned later that we could have asked for the desert menu. OK> Last night, March 9th, our same group (minus two) ate inside the Great Room, and this time, the staff got everything right. I guess we and they might have learned from our meal earlier last week. Entrees are in the $35 to $70 USD range. So all said, my experience with this restaurant was very poor the first night and spot on last night. My advice is to dine in small groups if possible. I think we might have overwhelmed the staff with a ravenous group of twenty our first night on the terrace.

• Visited March 2014