“Great view and local food” 4 of 5 stars

Lower La Haut, Soufriere, St. Lucia
1 758 457 1008
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: With a view of the Majestic Pitons and the Scenic town of Soufriere
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great view and local food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Little bit of a challenge to find tucked back on a side street and due to the detour with the bridge in town being closed, but glad we found it. We were taken upstairs where the restaurant has a beautiful view overlooking Soufriere. My husband and I were surprised to find we were the only customers that night and enjoyed a romantic dinner for 2. We also really enjoyed talking to our waitress, Leah who had a great personality. The caesar salad with fish was very good and the Mahi Mahi with tropical salsa (made with mango and balsamic vinegar) was the best fish dinner I had on the island. The volcanic shrimp dinner my husband had was also good. Very reasonable price for $100 before tip for 2 cocktails, salads, 2 glasses of wine, and entrees. Would highly recommend for the view, great service and good local food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal
“Great local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a local restaurant. A must for those of you who want to try local cuisine.
Good stuff!!! Great prices. Also great view.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food, Excellent Service, Nice Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We took a taxi to this hotel, it is a bit hard to reach because its up above Soufriere
and worth the trip. Our driver I must say is very skillful at driving because there were so scary turns to reach Gee's Bon Manje.

I had seafood and my boyfriend had chicken if I remember correctly. Our waitress was Elisa, hope I'm spelling her name correctly. She was very attentive and always made sure were were enjoying our meal and got everything we needed.

This place is very large, had 2 floors. We sat upstairs and could feel and smell the fresh mountain air. Had a wonderful experience overall!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
tampa, fl
“Food was good, service very good, view was great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

This little restuarant sits high up on a cliff overlooking soufriere and the Pitons. The view is really great and the service is very good too. We were one of three couples in the entire place (seems like business must not be great as I've seen most reviews say the same) but it made it more romantic I guess. I would say the food was better than good but I ordered the west indian pork and it was a bit tricky. It said it was chopped in local spices and sauce so you can imagine my surprise when I took my first bite and it was all bone! The candle lit table was romantic but not practical for sifting through a chopped up bone-in pork chop. The meat that I did safely find and eat was excellent, I just wish I could've enjoyed all of it. Overall a good experience and I think I would go back to give Gee's another shot.

Visited March 2012
“Worth the travel! A must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

Not only was Gee's incredibly reasonable price wise, but the food and atmosphere were fantastic! My husband and I arrived just after sunset, and the view was spectacular (I recommend trying to catch the sunset!).
We weren't sure with the empty parking lot if we should still go in, but we made the trek and they were open - SO GLAD we stayed! They say each night is up in the air busy wise and we ended up having the whole place to ourselves. This meant being able to talk to our waitress who was incredibly friendly!
This was our favorite restaurant during our trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Food