“Tasty treat” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Redondo Beach, California
“Tasty treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We really liked our experience at Humming Bird. We made a reservation, but when we got there, we quickly realized that we didn't need one. The view was fantastic as we overlooked the Soufriere harbor.

Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Caribbean cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This restaurant was great place for a relaxed atmosphere with very good Caribbean food.

The food was very good, with great Caribbean flavors. The service was average, but a nice additional treat was the chef came out ot the table to discuss the food. This restaurant had a great view of the Petit Piton.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan
“a bit pricey but the view was GREAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were a little surprised at how pricey the food was but our view was so lovely from our table that it was worth it! Service is a bit slow but that's kind of par for the course down in the islands. We really wanted to see this part of the island and our driver recommended this place. I ordered a slow cooked chicken dish (one of their specialties) and it was quite delicious. The staff was very kind, it felt like a family owned place. The rum specialty drink was also very tasty. It was nice that it wasn't overly crowded. We walked down to the beach for a few minutes after lunch... it really isn't the nicest or cleanest beach (and the sand was the hottest sand I have EVER stepped on... I'm guessing it has something to do with the mineral content). But after a couple rum drinks... we didn't really care. It was actually kind of romantic how rustic it was. Plus there were quite a few local families with their children and we enjoyed a bit of the local vibe that this beach brought.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thanks Baby Shaq (Marvin) for recommending this restaurant. The food was delicious, especially the ceviche starter which was perfectly sour and spicy. I also had the best pineapple daquiri in St Lucia (and I tried one everywhere I went!). My only regret is that we arrived a little too late to see the sunset which would have been marvellous at this location.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida City, Florida
“Hummingbird Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family surprised me with a trip to Hummingbird Beach Resort for my birthday; there I received my best restaurant experience. Most amazing I was lucky to have meet Chef Simmonds. My dining experience was the best ever, I had the most delicious local food and cocktails. It was so good I never got to sample the food anywhere else.

I will advise anyone make it Hummingbird experience and ask for the lovely Chef Simmonds and his special sea food creole.

Visited January 2013