“charming and relaxed atmosphere, upscale local inn” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“charming and relaxed atmosphere, upscale local inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had the best chicken curry I've ever had. The chicken caesar was also perfect with requisite anchovies.

The atmosphere is tasteful and cozy with tablecloths and beautiful batik wall hangings from the studio next door.

Service was very good, Lucretia was lovely and accomodating.

David, the owner's son is an excellent chef. And he even drove me back to my hotel on two occasions!

They should offer a few more wines by the glass. They had only one chardonnay and one red wine.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food overall and very pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My wife and two adult children ate here this evening. I was wary about going because of of the mixed reviews on Tripadvisor-should have followed my instincts but no use crying over spilt milk. Service was standard, pleasant. Most of the things I tried to order including Filet steaks were not available. The fish-cakes although recommended, were not good, tasted like fried lumps of batter with occasional hints of fish. My son and I ordered the chicken satay which was extortionately priced at 11 US dollars for one short skewer containing three small pieces of chicken on a small bed of salad, satay sauce was passable. That has to be the most expensive and one of the less tasty portions of chicken satay I've ever had (and Im a big fan). My wife had Mai Mai in creole sauce-the fish was fresh and a good portion but sauce tasted like tomato soup. Sirloin steak adequate but Bearnaise sauce was mediochocre. My seafood curry was best thing anyone had, plenty of scallops, large prawns and fish pieces, all tasted fresh, the sauce was reasonable. We decided not to have pudding as we were disappointed enough. The prices are steep here we think, total bill was $168 including 2 beers and soft drinks

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ALBERTA
“Four Great Nights of Dinners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We dined here 4 out of 4 nights in Soufriere. We spent 14 days on the entire island and this was one of our favourite places to eat during our vacation. We tried the following entrees for our dinners: Calamari appetizer (small portion, but very good), Penne pasta( Very good, big portion), Pasta with mushroom sauce ( Very good, big portion), Top Sirlon w/ bernaise sauce ( AMAZING!!! tender, melt in your mouth delicious - very good portion), fish ( perfectly prepared, sauce was a little salty, but very good still). These meals were all shared with the amazing views of the Piton. Great food & Great view.Very cozy restaurant. I recommend this place. Good Pina Coladas too.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
|Toronto, Canada
“Good food on the edge of Soufriere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This was our favourite spot while staying at a villa near Anse Chastenet. It was close and easy to get to, the meals were very good, though a bit pricey, and the atmosphere is particularly fun when there is a band playing as there was the first night we went. First went here about 4 years ago and keep coming back each time we visit. It's a good find.

Visited February 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice setting but otherwise average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The room is very nice and was full of couples enjoying romantic dinners, as we did. Food and service were very average, though, and wine list not great. I'd eat at La Haut instead.

Visited January 2012