“I've never had a better meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“I've never had a better meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Guys, I will cut to the chase... there is nothing better on this earth than Martha's home cooking.
My party happened to stumble across Martha's by accident and, fortunately, she was open for another party who had made a reservation, so we were able to enjoy what she does... which is cook. Like a boss.
We ate like champs, drank like fish and were treated like family.. how can you possible beat that? Don't miss the spicy chicken (seriously. don't. i'll hate you if you don't eat it.) and, if you're lucky, Martha will make you some extra mac'n'cheese (like nothing you've ever had).
Just.. just go here. Just go here right flippin' now so you can actually start living.

93% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Best food in St. Lucia. Fantastic experience. Would fly Martha to NY for Spicy Chicken.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Martha is an incredible chef, a welcoming host, and my new favorite aunt on St. Lucia. Tucked away within scenic vistas of the Petit Piton, Martha's Tables is not to be missed. After several incredible days of enjoying St. Lucia, my party stumbled on Martha's Tables and unexpectedly received the meal of a lifetime.

Succulent flavors, fresh local produce and meats, and tropical libations-- Martha knows how to deliver!!

This was the highlight of our stay. It was like visiting a favored relative, and enjoying good, down to earth home cooking the way grandma used to make. Recommended for all, Martha's won't disappoint.

Be sure to ask for the "Commodore's Go-Juice" (1 1/2 ounces of Chairman's Reserve Spiced Rum, and the freshest local juice she has available).

best,
seasoned traveler (and martha's newest nephew)

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing food - wonderful lady!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We just returned from our honeymoon to St. Lucia. We took Charlie's tours - which was so much fun and highly recommended - I'll rate that separately. Our lunch was arranged as part of the trip for the day. Charlie took us to his aunt's house, Martha's Tables and it was AMAZING! The chicken was so good! My husband and I have already been talking about recreating the chicken this weekend!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Best restaurant in Soufriere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I just returned home from a wonderful vacation in St. Lucia. We ate at many restaurants, all excellent, but nothing compared to Martha's Tables. It is a small little restaurant outside of Martha's home on the patio. Very quiet, quaint and cute! I already miss the food and service. We had made reservations on our last night at the Hummingbird in Soufriere and were a little disappointed. We wish we'd used our last night's meal to go back to Martha's Tables! She requires reservations, so do that a few days in advance because she is not always open. It was a wonderful dining experience with great atmosphere and wonderful, tasty, filling food! Very authentic Creole. The prices were very reasonable also! I'd recommend this place in a heart beat! Enjoy!

New York City, New York
“Excellent food, but very disappointed with service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

My husband and I visited Martha's Tables during our honeymoon after reading the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. We were staying at the Jalousie Plantation, but wanted to venture out and try some restaurants outside the resort. We were certainly not disappointed with the food at Martha's Tables, which was fantastic, plentiful and well-priced. We even decided to return for dinner several nights later and made a reservation with Martha before leaving. Upon arriving for our second dinner (after taking a $20 cab ride to get there), Martha came out (I believe she also lives in the building adjoining the restaurant) to say that she had a busy day with a large lunch crowd and was tired/not feeling well and had decided not to serve dinner that night. It basically seemed like she had decided that we weren't worth her time after a good lunch even though we had made a reservation in advance. She acknowledged that she rememberd our reservation, but as far as we could tell she made no effort to contact us to cancel (she knew our hotel and name from our previous reservation). So we were left with an expensive cab ride and no dinner reservations. What a huge disappointment! As I said, food was great so you may still want to check it out, but make sure you call immediately before showing up...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere