“Warm and welcoming - fantastic choir!” 5 of 5 stars

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 30 things to do in Soufriere
More attraction details
Owner description: An imposing Catholic Church looming over the Soufrière town square.
Philadelphia
8 attraction reviews
“Warm and welcoming - fantastic choir!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I attended the 8:30 mass here last Sunday and found the pastor and the parishioners so warm and welcoming. At the end of the Our Father, the exchange of peace had people going up and down the isles in the most genuine display I've ever experienced. The men's choir was singing (I think they alternate Sundays with the women's choir) and were just amazing. Some music I knew from the US and some I had never heard before, but all sung with beautiful harmony and moving rhythm. I love to sing in church and so regretted not locating a hymnal on my way in. Altogether, it was a very moving experience. Service lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

Visited March 2011