During February / March we spent one week at Stonefield Estate and one week at Sugar Beach Resort. We greatly enjoyed both but if we were given the oportunity to revisit only one, it would have to be Stonefield. At face value, this is an absurd conclusion, Stonefield has no immediate beach, wi fi is restricted to the restaurant and reception areas, inroom entertainment is a clock radio with an ipod dock and there is no central entertainment facility.
Stonefield is a small establishment with an excellent restaurant, which has Piton and other views to die for, plus 17 luxurious, self contained, totaly private villas. The estate is extensive and offers some lovely walks plus a very talkative macaw. If you are fairly fit you can walk to Soufriere or matgretoute beach, both about 1 mile (down hill going).
I must mention at this point that we did have a hire car which was highly beneficial.
We were allocated the machineel villa which had all the features which you would expect in a luxury villa plus an outdoor shower where you could indulge in the novelty of a warm shower under a full moon during a rain shower.
However, the features which we appreciated most were the extensive well equipped deck, the large clean pool, the lovely foliage / flowers and the view of the Petit Piton. The foliage attracted our resident humming birds which would fly round the room if the door was left open.
It would be wrong to file this review without thanking the kind, helpfull, hardworking, always smiling staff who had retained some St Lucian personality. We found that many of the staff at Sugar Beach had had this element trained / selected out of them. Karen, Desiree, Anna and Kevin deserve a special mention.
In summary, if you are looking for a combination quality accomodation / food, lovely scenery, natural suroundings with flowers and lush foliage, plus total privacy and peace when you want it, Stonefield may be right for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere