we recently returned from our honeymoon at sugar beach. we had an amazing time! we definitely would return, but with that said, here's my pro/con list:
-the villa was absolutely stunning. we stayed in a luxury villa, and it was beautiful. the plunge pool was a great size, and we did use it! the shower was INCREDIBLE, and it felt like we were in a mini house. really, really nice. we came back to a spotless villa everyday. the housekeeping did a really good job!
-the food: everything we ate was really, really good. we tried every possible location at the resort, and i was never disappointed. for breakfast, the eggs benny and chorizo, for lunch, the fish sandwich, roti, and shrimp bisque! and for dinner, we really liked the sushi cakes at the cane bar, bbq night at the bayside, and everything at the great room was incredible!
-the staff: everyone was REALLY really nice. especially sherman! LOVED HIM!
-the pool: was amazing. there was barely anyone in it, and it was spotless all the time. the service at the pool was great, and we never felt like we were neglected!
-the spa: we had multiple services done, and they were all great! a little pricy, but they had specials running everyday. (don't buy a package beforehand-- we did, and we could've taken advantage of their daily specials, so we kind of felt annoyed by that.)
-the shuttles: you can't walk to anything, so you have to take a shuttle everywhere. sometimes they came really quickly.. and sometimes they didn't. there were a couple times we were late to spa appointments because they took 15 min to get to our villa. after a while, it's gets to be a hassle to take the shuttles too.. you get barely any exercise and i started to feel ill by the end of the week from being in them. definitely a huge con. i missed being able to just go for a walk, and the roads don't really allow for that there.
-the service was really spotty. when it was good, it was perfect, when it was bad, it was REALLY bad. there was almost always a problem with our order (bringing out fries instead of our salad, forgetting sides, etc.) both times we got room service, our order was missing something. sometimes we waited a looooong time for our food. the great room's service started off well, but then we felt forgotten after a while. we waited 30 min for someone to come refill our glass of wine after buying an expensive bottle.
overall, it was a great vacation, and we truly enjoyed it. the cons were only slight negatives that didn't ruin our trip. i hope to go back someday, but maybe get a beach bungalow next time, so i could be closer to the ground.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort (formerly the Jalousie Plantation) is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island’s scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia’s majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort’s 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere