My wife & I just returned from our honeymoon in St. Lucia and wish we could have stayed longer. Viceroy is absolutely as advertised if not better. The resort is certainly not inexpensive, but the location & service are priceless.
Upon checking in, you immediately realize the phenomenal service the resort has to offer. You are greeted with warm smiles and a staff that aims to make your stay a memorable one. After a long day of travel, it was nice to be handed a refreshing drink as you check in and are escorted to your room. The private rooms are incredibly impressive. We had a villa in the 700's and were absolutely blown away. The scenery truly is better than a postcard. The rooms were spacious & elegant. There was a large indoor shower as well as an outdoor shower. Closets were huge and the bed was very comfortable. The deck & outdoor area were unbelievable. The view in and around the plunge pool never got old.
We really enjoyed the beach area. The imported white sand between the pitons made for relaxing days. I would also highly recommend snorkeling on property. We snorkeled twice while on the island and much preferred the swim just steps from our beach chairs. There are also a variety of other non-motorized water sports complimentary with your stay. The pool area just up from the beach was beautiful. Very nice to simply hold up a red flag if you wanted a drink for the bar and there was someone available prompty to take care of us.
We mostly dined on property during our stay. The Great Room is an excellent venue for a nice dinner. The Bayside restaurant is more casual and offers nice outdoor views of the water. Overall, most of the food was top notch. We enjoyed the lamb chops & red snapper. We only had one meal that I would classify as disappointing - one day for lunch we ordered a burger while at the restaurant in the sand and it was drastically undercooked. For $18, I thought it would be a bit better. Luckily, the restaurant took care of our meal and offered us something else free of charge. Other than that, everything else was excellent.
In short, the scenery & location set this property apart from the others. When you arrive at Viceroy, you realize that it is worth every penny. We would go back in a heartbeat!
For anyone looking help in booking their travel, I would highly recommend Jennifer Byrne and her team at The Tropical Travelers. We were referred to her as a friend and were very pleasantly surprised. I had not used a travel agent before planning our honeymoon, but will certainly use Jennifer in the future. She went out of her way to answer all of our many questions leading up to the trip and design the perfect stay for us. She is incredibly knowledgeable of all of the islands and resorts (including personnel at the resorts). She was also very responsive to emails or phone calls. We unfortunately had travel complications on the way down to St. Lucia and she started working on Labor Day to help rearrange portions of our itinerary. Thank you Jennifer for all of your help!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, JackRabbit Systems, Priceline, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere