We stayed at Sugar Beach for 7 nights on the second half of our Honeymoon, after a hectic week in the States. What an amazing place! We were collected from the airport by private transfer and our driver filled us in on the highlights of the island and pointed out the various sights that we were driving past. When we arrived at the resort the staff greeted us warmly and we were whisked inside to check in (with cocktails!) before being driven down to our beachfront bungalow. As we approached the Pitons came into view...wow!
The bungalow was incredible and right on the beach. It had both indoor and outdoor showers, a private patio with hot tub and french doors from the bedroom looking right onto the beacn, complete with our own hammock and sun loungers and a little table and chairs. Waking up every day with that view was incredible.
This resort is absolutely fantastic - the bars and restaurants serve excellent food and drink. We started each day with a really nice breakfast on the terrace, lunch usually at the bayside restaurant and then a few choices for dinner, although the great room in the main building was FANTASTIC and after eating there once we returned every night after that. The staff there were fantastic and were knowledgeable about all the dishes and the large wine list. We usually followed dinner with a few drinks upstairs in the stylish Cane Bar (again with fantastic bar staff).
The resort staff were really lovely and made such an effort to make our holiday fantastic. Aside from the obviously gorgeous surroundings, the staff at Sugar Beach really do make the resort fantastic and cannot be praised highly enough.
We went on a few trips (the sunset cruise was great fun) but I actually think that just being on the resort for the week is enough, there is so much to experience and things like free snorkelling to try.
We hope to return here at some point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort (formerly the Jalousie Plantation) is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island’s scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia’s majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort’s 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere