We loved everything about Sugar Beach. We were taken directly to our room by cab from the airport where we were met by our butler and his assistant with two rum drinks for us. Talk about a nice touch!
The staff was exceptional, from the butlers and maids to the waiters and waitresses to the shuttle drivers. All were friendly, helpful and very capable. They clearly had received excellent training. A special word about Titus, the tennis pro, at Sugar Beach. My wife and I hadn't played tennis in over 3 years but at the end of the week, we could definitely hold our own on the courts. Titus has a great personality, yet was serious about improving our games.
The Spa at Sugar Beach is magnificent and maybe the nicest we have ever seen. You feel like you are in the middle of the rain forest in your individual hut. If you have a "couples" massage, your hut also has a private mineral pool (heated) which you can use at the end of the massage. BTW, both massage therapists were excellent and we signed up for two different sessions.
I only had two issues during our stay there. One, while the WiFi worked well in the common areas, it was very spotty in our room and would cut out after a few minutes which was very frustrating. The other is if you are staying there over a week like we did, the menu became a little repetitive. The food was excellent particularly at the Great Room, but I would suggest that they add a nightly Chef's Special to add a little variety.
All in all, this is definitely a 5 star resort which we would recommend highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort (formerly the Jalousie Plantation) is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island’s scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia’s majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort’s 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere