I could write a typical review by covering the usual topics. I could talk about all of the amenities of our Luxury Villa number 901 but all of that can be found on their website. Do I really need to tell you about the free WIFI, fully-stocked mini bar, private plunge pool and butler service? I could mention all of the spectacular views of the Pitons, the ocean or the white sandy beach but that would just be redundant. If you are reading this review then it is most likely you already know all of the excellent amenities that Sugar Beach has to offer.
Instead, I will talk about what made Sugar Beach unique for us. One such feature was the Rainforest Spa and Walk. It was one of my favorite places on the resort. I can visit thousands of resorts all over the world with beach access but not many would have rainforest access as well. Taking a walk through the rainforest while everyone else is on the beach allowed me to relax and be close to the sounds of the jungle. I can understand why the spa is located there. It was really nice to be able to take a walk through the rainforest without crossing paths with another person. I also really loved the fact that the resort grew bananas, papayas and mangos that were used in the restaurants. The food was always good and my favorite dish during our stay was the Toffee Souffle in the Great Room. It was so delicious that I ordered it the both times we dined there. If you are like me then you will want to try everything on the menu and it will be a good idea to add the meal plan to your package. Many of the villas are built high above the beach and as a result you will have to be shuttled to and from the beach, restaurants and reception. The shuttle service was outstanding. The drivers were at our door soon after we asked for one. Even if we were passed by a full shuttle, the drivers always called to make sure there was a backup coming. We never waited more than a few minutes. Sometimes they arrived before we even left our villa.
What really made our stay at Sugar Beach the most memorable trip we have ever had was the staff and their commitment to service. When we arrived at Sugar Beach, our butler Montgomery was so helpful getting us settled into our villa. His positive attitude and friendly personality made him a pleasure to encounter each day. I mentioned that it was my wife's birthday and Montgomery sent a fresh fruit plate with a bottle of champagne for her. Our other butler Dwight was also quite friendly and always took care of our requests quickly. I will also mention the great service at the resort's restaurants. We received exceptional service from Tavarie and Dona who we saw nearly every morning during our stay. It is a better experience when you are surrounded by friendly faces.
We planned our stay at Sugar Beach for our wedding ceremony and working with the coordinator Marcus Joseph was a wonderful experience. He was professional yet personable. He got to know us on a personal level and made sure that our ceremony was a reflection of who we are as a couple. I made a mention of how much I love all of the mangos on the property. The next day I received a surprise platter of freshly ripe and delicious mangos. It was a very thoughtful gesture. Marcus made our wedding experience quite special. Everything was perfect. He took his time and made sure that we did it our way and that we took all of the photos we wanted. Every member of the resort's staff made it a point to congratulate us even a day after our ceremony. It was as if a mass text was sent out to let them know about our special day. It was also remarkable how so many people remembered our names from the shuttle driver Terry to the water taxi guy named Randolph. The warmth of St. Lucia is showcased by the staff at Sugar Beach.
We knew what to expect from a first class establishment such as Sugar Beach but it was the unexpected that really touched us. While the beauty of the island will make us come back to St. Lucia, it is the excellent service and friendly people that will make us come back to Sugar Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort (formerly the Jalousie Plantation) is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island’s scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia’s majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort’s 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere