What can I say that's not been said before by or new best buds from Canada!!
We feel very lucky & privilaged to have stayed here for a week in May after a week in the north in a villa on Cap Estate.
We arrived on the Friday after a 1.5 hour drive down the west coast of St Lucia. Don't let anybody fool you the roads are in great condition & its easy to drive all over the island.
We pulled up at reception round 1pm & was greeted with a couple of cocktails.
Within seconds we were being whisked away on a tuktuk to our Luxury Villa. We were greeted by our nice butler with another couple of drinks. I did a video of the villa 304 & put it on youtube to save time. After showing us round the villa which is amazing we jumped in another buggie to the beach bar for lunch as we just missed the 2.30pm cut off time for lunch at the bayside.
We used the car over the weekend to visit other hotels / restaurants in the hood but I would not do it this way the next time as you do not need to leave the resort.
You have everything you could ever want for the perfect vacation just outside your villa.
They only have two restaurants but the menus are changed a few times a week which keeps it fresh & the selection is great.
When we stayed it was only half full which was really nice.
Loads of beach beds available & loads round the massive pool.
Be warned this resort is full of Honeymooners which can be a bit shy but they don't bite so feel free to try to talk to them as they need some help in the coversation department.
They think they are the only one's on the planet that are in Love.
Don't miss watching a film under the stars on the beach it was amazing & don't care about what film they are showing you will still love it. We had a new Mr Bean film & it was a blast.
If you stay at SB you must do the Gros Piton trail if you feel up to it. Trust me it was not a walk in the park but it will stay with us forever as one of the most amazing experiences. The views of SB & St Lucia over the mountains from the Piton were to die for.
We are fit & took 5 hours up & down but did spend a while at both tops to soak up the views.
The best / busiest night of the week was Thursday in the Air Conditioned Cane Bar where the drinks were free from 9-11. This included cocktails, beer & wine by the glass. They even had a DJ playing some funky tunes. The Honeymooners were out in numbers but still managed to keep to themselves & still need to go to dane classes before hitting the floor.
After a few Chilli Passions & Hurricaine's me & Bill had a dance off. This was one of the highlights as the poor wee lovers did not know what was happening.
Think dad dancing on speed & you will get the picture but who cares you are on holiday & there is no law against being silly the last time I looked.
Our very understanding partners enjoyed every minute of it from the comfy seats.
All in all pound for pound the best holiday we've ever had & plan to return next Year.
The layout of the resort makes you feel you have your own space & the staff will do everything they can to keep you happy. We stayed on the breakfast plan & wow what a breakfast it was massive with a cooked menu to keep any hungry Horace happy.
I asked them to remove all the drink in the fridge that could be charged for to save any unwelcolme going away present on our bill.
The piton, water, coffee is included in the villa price & is restocked regularily.
That's enough BOOK NOW before the secret gets out!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, JackRabbit Systems, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere