I can't give the Jalousie plantation 5 stars because although they aspire to greatness, little things let them down. The good points are the location which is breathtaking, the way the villas have been built sympathetically with the fall of the ground giving everyone an ocean and sunset view, the quality and layout of the villas which are really beautiful, the bed - which was probably the best bed we have ever slept in.
What let the hotel down was the quality of the food which was good, but not special and the service in the restaurants which was not up to the standard that the hotel was trying to espouse. Other reviewers have mentioned the construction that was ongoing, which I thought actually showed the owners commitment and ongoing investment in the property.
Probably the biggest disappointment for me was the fact that we were unable to walk anywhere on the property and were dependent on the shuttle service - no way is this sustainable or environmentally aware and given the location is something that needs to be looked at.
The service we received from our Butlers and the drivers of the shuttles was first rate (after the first 24 hours when it took up to an hour to call the shuttle) and also especially from Richard in the Spa who took us on the Sulphur Seduction and who was a real pleasure to be with.
So overall we enjoyed our holiday, but couldn't help comparing it with our experience at the Maradiva Villas in Mauritius, and Maradiva won by a considerable margin
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort (formerly the Jalousie Plantation) is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island’s scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia’s majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort’s 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.