My partner and i travelled to st lucia in september 2012. We were greeted at the airport by a private taxi. Took about 45 minutes to get to jalouise. On arriving we were taken to reception and told our room wasnt ready. Within 2 minutes we were told we had been upgraded to a luxury villa which was a nice surprise.
The villa was huge and had amazing views of the pitons just heavenly. Our butler informed us that he had made a reservation for us at the bayside restaurant but could change the time if it didnt suit us.
The food and service in the bayside restaurant was very good indeed. Our only complaint was the bbq on the friday night. We felt there wasnt enough meat on offer. A steak or sausages would have been nice. Food as always hot and well presented.
Ok now for some negative points. Even though we had been upgraded we originally booked a supierier sugarmill room but these were closed due to nearby construction work. We had booked these rooms so that we could be near to the restaurants, bars and beach and also the swimming pool. To our dismay the swimming was closed and would be for 8 weeks. We were not informed before we left for our holiday. Also we were not able to make full use of the all inclusive package that we had paid for. It was too noisy to sit on the beach so we spend most of our time sat outside our villa. So here we had to pay for drinks from the mini bar or order room service if we wanted a cocktail. Really dont think this is fair when we wanted a room near the bars.
On a plus side its a stunning resort if a little hilly. Shuttle drivers are very polite and efficent. The buttlers are hit and miss but monty is amazing. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Very interesting talking to waiters and waitresses in the bayside restaurant about their lives.
Also we werent very impressed by the construction noise. The swimming pool was being worked on 24/7 while we were there and having cement mixers driving through the resort for the last 3 days of our stay was not relaxing at all.
Was it a nice place yes. Would we go again, definatly not with all the work going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, JackRabbit Systems, Priceline, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere