Amazing location, one decent member of management called Peter John Paul. Be warned the superior hillside have mosquito nets on the windows, many others do not and you will pay for it! We started off in 8C and were moved, after complaining you could hear the person walking around on the floorboards above you at night, to Florison. Some rooms are very dated with cracked sanitry ware. First of all if you see Executive Chef printed on the menu and his name, then you know if you are British what 'Gordon' would think! Salmon presented at table mine cooked my partners raw inside, complained to waiter who came back and told us the chef does it pink! I said "well take mine back as overcooked" nothing happened. People on other tables complaining about food and wrong wine orders. We did to be fair have one course taken back because a bug started to move, waiter told us it had flown in due to the lights in the restuarant. My partner noticed it straght away as was under steak she was lifting off pile of vegtables. The kitchen not having light would explain some of the food.
The last night of our stay we had to walk back to reception ( no phones )as someone was walking under our balcony; The polite guy on reception when he came out of his cupboard and dressed called security and told us he had seen someone on site earlier who should not of been there. We slept with security guards outside our room, very comforting!!!!!
You will see mixed reviews on this site, a lot does depend on the room you get; I think mostly it depends on if you have stayed somewhere far better and know not to believe that having Executive Chef stamped all over the menu must mean the food is good. I am off to The Coral Reef, Barbados, next week; I agree to be fair the beach is not quite as lovely as the cove at Anse Chastanet but that was created by God not the management. How we wish that Anse Chastanet was owned and managed by the O'Haras of The Coral Reef.
Please be assured if they sort out the food and I am ensured a decent room; I would go back, A great shame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet