Just got back from 9 days at AC. This is a really lovely place to stay and chill. If you can get one of the rooms near the beach then do so, despite the fact you are at the bottom of the steps it pays off especially in getting to the beach etc.
The other option is for Jade Mountain, which while very nice, is a bit too much concrete and right angles for my tastes. This place has a bit more charm.
There is loads to do here too, of course water sports are the main activity, but if you want a blast then the Jungle Biking is way cool. Jovan took me out, but the real fun is absolutely firing around the course/s!!! Watch out for trees and keep your eyes at least 6-12 feet ahead..absolutely epic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet