We stayed at both as Jade Mountain was booked up for part of our stay. While not as glamorous, the views are good, the rooms are cute and very romantic. Your walk to the beach is easier and the place is just as relaxing. It is less glamorous but arguably a better value. For special occasions i would do Jade Mountain but to get an island getaway, this was very good. The room views are different here, if you can, get a cottage with a view of the Gros Pitons, they are amazing visually.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet