If you are looking at this review all I can say is BOOK IT! I read reviews on this property for days and am so glad I had the opportunity to stay at Anse Chastanet.
I just came back from this hotel (stayed Nov4-10th) and it truly was Paradise. I am a flight attendant and have had the opportunity to travel many places this truly is one of the best I have ever stayed at.
I never left the property at all during our week visit....why leave Paradise. Thing is Anse Chastanet is like a small village . For the amount of rooms there are at the property, there are so many areas to explore just on the property alone, you can also go up to Jade Mountain (more on that later).
First of all lets address the steps. Yes, there are steps down to the beach however don't imagine 100 steps just straight down. Imagine breath taking scenery as you descend towards the beach. With many places to stop even sit if needed.along the way. Most people will not need to sit but there is that option. There are so many interesting things to look at while you descend and ascend. So please don't let the steps steer you away from booking this property.
The beach at this place is paradise. It truly is one of the best beaches I have been to. Quiet , beautiful sand , blue water . There's little Cous Cous huts all along the beach that provide great shade. And the beach service is the best. You put up your little yellow flag in the sand . We never waited more than 2-4 minutes and someone was there to take our drink and or food order.
The food is fantastic! I love food and this resort knows how to prepare and present food. If there's something you don't like, just ask. I read one review that a person said they don't know how to cook fish at this resort. Well I ate fish every night and it was always cooked perfect. That's the one thing I look for in a resort is excellent food and this place certainly has it.
There's lots of variety and many different options for dining , We only ate at the same restaurant for dinner twice. You will not be disappointed with the food.
We were on the all inclusive package, which i would recommend.. Especially if you like to have a few cocktails. We had many and they know how to blend and pour great drinks.
We stayed in the Beachfront Deluxe rooms. Yes, there's no view but WOW they are beautiful. Steps from the beach. And they have a huge private patio area with two very very comfortable lounge chairs, table and chairs, and a double hammock. Most afternoons we came back for a little nap on our patio before heading back to the beach to watch the sunset.
Be sure to go up to Jade Mountain. I went there for Yoga on several mornings and we had lunch at the restaurant. If you are on the all inclusive ,there is no service charge for lunch however there is at dinner.Our meal was delicious. Be sure to go to the Beach Grill on the second beach....great burgers!
The property has so many things to do or you really can do nothing at all. We never had many bugs at all. There are sand flees but they arent bad at all. Avon has a product called Skin so Soft that works great for sand flees we used this and had no problems .
When we arrived Peter(staff member) told us that the staff loves to spoil their guests. He was a man of his word. We felt like royalty. The staff is always smiling and nothing is an inconvience.
They get to know your names and go out of their way to help .
If you are lucky enough to have Janice as your waitress always order what she tells you to, she's always right. Not that anything on the menu is not great.
I do hope this review gives you a little insight into an amazing resort. Now stop reading and just BOOK IT! It really is Paradise. i will be returning again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet