“Perfect vacation spot for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Landings St. Lucia

You added The Landings St. Lucia to your Saves list
The Landings St. Lucia
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Pigeon Island Causeway | Cap Estate, Gros Islet CP5984, St. Lucia   |
Special Rate
Suite Surprise - 36% OFF!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Gros Islet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
“Perfect vacation spot for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My family visited The Landing in St Lucia this past April, for Easter break, the resort is not as big as others I have visited in the Caribbean but it was good enough for what we wanted to do. My son loved the place, he is 7 yrs old, he liked the beach and specially the pool by the beach bar/restaurant. He went to the kids club one day for a few hours and he said it was fun, he wanted to come back again. Food is very good at this resort, breakfast is a buffet style which it was perfect, lunch and dinner a la carte and sometimes they will have buffet style. The restaurant The Palms has amazing food, expensive but worth every penny. We has an all inclusive plan which I recommend because St. Lucia can be very expensive for a large family. We explored the island, we did the land and sea excursion and it was fantastic, we went to the Volcano, for lunch, the mud bath, snorkeling, well it was almost like doing the whole island in one day, the others days we stay at the resort for some quiet time and some fun at the beach with the water sports. Also, my husband and I renewed our vows in this trip, the arrangements were done all by Angela Torelli, what a service!!!! she was great and so easy to deal with, the ceremony was like we planned it and much more, and also I have to say thank you to Cipriana who helped the day of the wedding, I have no words to express how thankful I am with the staff at The Landings. Service is always our big concern going on vacation, The Landings have the best service ever, top of the line. The accommodations were very nice and comfortable, just like the pictures. We had a two bedroom marina view with a plunge pool, perfect for us. The only down thing was that there is no entertainment for families at night, you will have to leave the resort and go to local places which we did not do. Driving in St. Lucia is a little different then New Jersey so we decided no to take the risk of doing it. Overall, The Landing is perfect for a family vacation.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Lexington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family just returned from St. Lucia. The weather was nice, but a little more humid than I expected given the time of year. The location of the resort was close to restaurants and shopping, but it would be a nice amenity if they reinstated the free shuttle service to the Rodney Bay shopping area. They still have the shuttle, but there is now a fee for the service. The resort beach was very nice. The waters were calm and there was a nice roped off area that made it easy to watch the kids while they were swimming. The two-bedroom villas were configured to provide ample space for a family of four.

There were some maintenance issues with this resort. The elevators in our villa building as well as the reception lobby elevator were broken during the duration of our stay.
I was particularly pissed that we were assigned to a third floor villa in a building with a broken elevator. The staff knew that the elevator was broken when they assigned us to this building and when we initially asked about it, they told us that they were working on this problem. It was extremely inconvenient to lug things to and from the beach up three flights of stairs, or lug grocery bags up three flights. After two days, it became clear that the elevator would not be fixed. We did not want to change rooms at this point because we were unpacked and had a full fridge. The elevator issue was also annoying in light of the fact that it appeared that there were other villas available. Not sure why they chose to assign us this villa knowing that the elevator was not working.

Other maintenance issues that we observed during our stay included broken equipment in the fitness center. The bikes that the resort allows guests to use need tune-ups as well because the chains kept sticking when we took them for a spin. One of the reasons that we chose the Landings is that it was billed as a luxury resort, but it needs to resolve these issues before I would consider this to be a luxury resort. When I shared my issues and concerns with management they apologized for the inconvenience. In addition, they sent us a nice bottle of wine and arranged to have some of the local Creole bread delivered to our villa. I appreciated these gestures of kindness.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

While on vacation at The Landing’s I sprained my ankle. We stayed in room 2511. The last stair on the first flight had a much longer riser than the other stairs. Per the International building codes there is a 7” max and a 4” minimum to a stair riser. I can tell you the last stair is much higher than it should be. My point is to try and help minimize any further injuries others may have in the future. The last thing you want on vacation, in one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen, is to be injured in any way. I sent a letter to management but did not receive a response.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My mother, sister and I stayed at The Landings for one week in April and we could not have been happier there. The "villas" are beautiful with lovely views across Rodney bay and over to the rainforest mountains. All of the villas have covered verandas which are a nice place to to relax and take in the beauty of the area and sip your rum punch. We had all inclusive meals which were delicious and varied enough that we never felt we had to go to any other restaurants outside the resort. The service is impeccable with friendly helpful waitstaff ready to serve you a drink or food on the beach, give you a golf cart ride anywhere within the resort, set you up with a huge choice of water sports and all done with a smile. If you're looking for easy access to exciting nightlife this is not the place for you because it's a $20 taxi ride away. However, if you like to walk there is an excellent hike to do safely from the resort to the Pigeon Island National Park and climb up the 2 small peaks to get a view over to martinique. We had butler service which we had never had before and felt totally spoiled by the end of the week. There are so many possible excursion/tours to do that it is a bit mind boggling but so worth the effort of doing a few. We did one every other day which gave us time to relax in between. Find a way to go into the rainforest with a tour or a guide. And get out on a boat to see the island from the water. Go to the mudbaths and the botanical gardens. They can help you arrange everything at The Landings. Just go and have a lovely escape!!

Room Tip: Choose one of the beach front villas, they cost more but are totally worth the view, proximity to th...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We travelled with our 3 year old twin boys and stayed in a luxurious 2 bedroom apartment at The Landings. The apartment was spacious and had everything we could possibly need- including good quality miele dishwasher, washing machine and dryer and a fridge with an ice maker. They provided washing powder and washing up liquid, but housekeeping cleared the dishes everyday so we never spent long in the kitchen.
Our terrace had a hot tub which was fantastic. Wifi was also excellent with a router in each apartment.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis. It was not worth upgrading to half board (or all inclusive) as we would have had to pay an extra $272 USD per night for one extra meal a day. We ended up giving the kids a light breakfast in the apartment, followed by our included breakfast meal at about 10.30am which keep us going for most of the day. Breakfast had an omelette station and fresh smoothie station. Staff were happy for us to stock up on fruit/snacks for the day- they even gave us take away boxes! We usually had the buffet for dinner which was $38USD per adult and children 5 and under were free.
There are 3 pools and a beautiful beach. Even when all the apartments were occupied, we often had a pool to ourselves. We never had to wake up early to reserve a sun lounger. We would often wonder down to the beach at midday and we would comfortably find a nice spot.

Kids club was small, but well structured with regular childrens activities. We had to pay $5USD/child/hour for the use of the kids club, but i met some guests who had bought a package through BA which included unlimited kids club.

It is a beautiful resort, and really easy with children. However, the thing that makes The Landings stand out is the service. So many of the staff would greet us by our name. They were always willing to help whatever our request. They offered us a late check out without any extra fee. They simply asked us to call on the morning of checkout and see if they needed the room. If they could help us in any way then they would.

I would definitely recommend the Landings in St Lucia.

Room Tip: ask for an apartment with a hot tub.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We rarely visit the same place twice but it was a unanimous family decision to return to The Landings for Easter this year.

We booked a 2 bedroom beachfront villa which was once again stunning. The rooms are definitely the best part of this resort. Since last year, the resort has added Butler Service to these rooms. We had Michelle and Andre who were attentive and looked after us well. In fact the majority of the staff in the resort were excellent. We noticed that the speed and efficiency of service in the resort had improved significantly from last year, especially in the Beachfront restaurant.

However, there were a few areas of disappointment.

Firstly, the pools. There are 3 pools available to guests and we used all three as our kids prefer the pool to the sea. On our first day, there seemed to be a problem with the chemicals in the main beach pool, causing my husband's hair to turn a lovely shade of blue and my 3 children's skin to turn lime green! Luckily, it all washed off! I mentioned this to the beach staff but I am not sure that the problem was reported. The family pool, which we used once, was visibly dirty and we suspect was the source of a really nasty ear infection for my son and daughter. Both were in significant pain and had high temperatures, requiring visits from the Doctor and a hefty bill! I was approached by another guest who overheard me talking to a member of staff and told me that her daughter was also suffering from a sore ear and I heard of at least one other child who had been visited by the same doctor for the same problem. This really did spoil half of our holiday, having kids in the room sick and unable to swim. I did appreciate the efforts of Angela, the Sales Manager, who said that the matter would be investigated and helped to find a courtesy room for our last afternoon so that our sick children had a place to rest. I would suggest that pool maintenance needs to be enhanced to avoid problems of this kind again.

Second, The Palms. We dined at the Palms restaurant (their fine dining option) at the suggestion of our butler. The food overall was excellent. However, we received very poor service from our waitress. A child's burger came out rare when it had been ordered well done. A ribeye steak was presented rather than tenderloin. We were charged full price for a half-sized steak (requested for a child) and US$ 5 for an empty plate for a young child to share a meal. The Restaurant Manager, to his credit, addressed the billing issues and apologised but the poor efforts of one member of staff really dampened what should have been a special evening.

Third, overall dining experience. Since our visit last year, the food offering has deteriorated. The buffets were very disappointing in terms of quality of food. Last year, the highlight of our evenings in resort was a weekly beach barbecue with entertainers (dancers, limbo, etc). This has now gone and the singers in the restaurant were vey poor! The choice of a la carte food in the evening is limited and rarely changes which means that dining becomes very boring!

So overall, The Landing continues to be a great resort but, sadly, is still 4 rather than 5 star in my humble opinion. I did think that this would become our go-to place for Easter but next year I think that we will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely but for me the beachfront rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Castries, St. Lucia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the first time that I visited this hotel and was completely taken aback by the waterway they created...this made the view at brunch some to enjoy....price wise they are on the higher end however.....8hrs later I am still filled to capacity. There is a variety of foods to chose from and all are very delicious. My only criticism is how strong their cocktails are...some may say that's a plus because their drinks are never watered down but goodness that's is STRONG!!!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!