The property was built in 2007 and some of the buildings are still under construction. That being said, it really didn't affect our stay there, we never heard the usual sounds of a construction project. Our room was private and right on the beach. We stayed in a three bedroom condo on the first floor beach front. We went with another couple and it was very roomy. It was a split follr plan- they stayed on one side and we stayed on the other. We both had access through the bedrooms to the large patio outside. We were glad we opted for the private jacuzzi. The kitchen was a good size and modern- we did meet the maintenance man though- some minor issues with appliances and the internet. All was resolved without a hassle. We did have to call and request coffee everyday for the room even though it was listed as one of the complementary items included in the $30 per day Resort Fee. The property is large, but they have golf carts to bring you around if needed. The downsides: Far from the sites- most of the sites are toward the south end of the island and cabs are VERY expensive. We were quoted $150 to get to the airport- we ended up at $120. Rodney Bay shopping is terrible, the restaurants we tried were lacking- service wasn't what we are accustomed to and the food was just OK. The boat transportation from the hotel is a $20 charge. The bars in Rodney Bay were empty on Saturday afternoon- in Ft Lauderdale they would be hopping. All in all it was a good trip. I would stay at The Landings if I planned on staying at or around the resort, be prepared to pay if you plan on leaving the property. The cab to Marigot Bay to go to dinner ran us $100 round trip. We paid $300 to climb Gros Piton when it was all said and done-2 people- $200 for the cab round trip, $60 for the entrance to the park, $40 tip. Rodney Bay is about $50 round trip. Positives: Beautiful facility, relaxing beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Splendia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet