I'm a bit delinquent in posting a review (stayed in April of 08) but our experience was so wonderful, despite the hotel being only partially complete, that I'm going with better late than never!
Our group consisted of two parents and two kids ages 7 and 10 and I couldn't have asked for a better suite. I booked it directly through the hotel and the reservationist was incredibly patient. They walked me through the layout and assigned us a fabulous suite right on the beach with a hot tub off the deck. I could actually stand in the kitchen and watch my kids play on the beach! There were plenty of beach chairs (no getting up early to save seats!) and lovely floats to play in the ocean with. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfy. My family loved the tvs in every room too. We did have a couple of maintenance glitches , but our calls were answered promptly and usually someone showed up within minutes.
Althought the hotel was still under construction, I must say we hardly noticed it at all. There was only one pool, but it served us well and the kids had lots of fun in the fountains and hot tubs. You could see the construction across the waterway but it didn't detract from the beauty of the completed areas of the resort. We've stayed at many luxury resorts throughout the Carribean and often times you're confronted with local shacks or goats right past the perimeter of your resort. What is lovely is that the lounge chairs are of good quality with comfy cushions and lots of umbrellas. No plastic here.
The restaurant was a bit pricey and a bit too funky for the kids so we rented a car (very easy through the hotel) and drove to Rodney Bay for dinner (lots of good restaurants and the kids loved Memories of Hong Kong) each night and made a few trips to the supermarket (the Rodney Bay Heights much better and closer than Rodney Bay.) Driving the interior of the island is a bit perilous so we relied on drivers for that but the road from the hotel to Rodney Bay or Castries is perfectly flat and easy to navigate. And since there wasn't any type of shop in the hotel, we could easily take the five minute drive to the shops for supplies.
Also chartered a boat for a half-day trip to the sights and it was fabulous. Great crew (recommended by the hotel when we showed up with a brochure and they told us they could find us a better charter for half the price!) The concierge at the hotel had tons of options for activities and made this a very easy process.
Overall, one of the best travel experiences so far and we really didn't miss any of the amenities that have yet to be built. And, as a bonus, the resort is very kid-friendly which is not always the case with top-notch resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet